Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ookeeey.My boat is too fast, Go figure. WTF? >

Ookeeey.My boat is too fast, Go figure. WTF?

Notices

Ookeeey.My boat is too fast, Go figure. WTF?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by JWay
It's a bit of a read but worth it to anyone who has or is thinking about going with Progressive..
http://mattfisher.tumblr.com/post/29...-to-defend-her
Interesting that you didn't mention you are an Allstate agent when you posted this.....but mentioned it later in the thread.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Interesting that you didn't mention you are an Allstate agent when you posted this.....but mentioned it later in the thread.
I don't know what that has to do with anything. I simply posted something that I thought was relevant to a thread about progressive. I am not on here trolling for business if that was what you are alluding too. I could care less who you or anyone else has for an insurance carrier, I was just providing information so that people can make an informed decision when they do go to purchase insurance.

Comparing commercial and business insurance to property and casualty is like comparing a Bayliner to an Outerlimits. They are 2 completely different animals, but I am glad you saved yourself some money.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:54 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

5K a year in my pocket......yeah I'll skip the 2 times a year I used to see the old insurance agent and the free lunch I would get......
Who completed the accident reports for you? 1-800 OVER THE PHONE? I'll take an independent PIA over a 1-800 # anytime.... If they are good.. they will be very close to the 1-800 # in premium... my guy shops my insurance every renewal... & his family need to eat too.... you get what you pay for....
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I actually work in the insurance industry so you would be amazed at some of the horror stories that I hear. I am an Allstate agent here in Cincinnati and before anyone get all huffy about Allstate, I can tell you that I do not work for Allstate I sell their products but work for my customers. The problem with companies like Progressive and Geico is that you do not have an agent to be your advocate and help you with the problems you may face with claims or any other issues, you get a 1-800 number that is usually sent to an overseas call center where they could give 2 $hits about your problem or situation. Also not all agents are created the same, and that includes some my fellow Allstate agents. When you are shopping for insurance if you are concerned about price only, go with Geico or Progressive, if you want someone that is going to be your advocate then do your home work and actually sit down with potential agents (no matter what company they sell for) and you will get a good feel on whether he or she is actually concerned about protecting you and your assets or just lining their pockets.
I switched to Allstate after the Progressive fiasco. I have an agent. And my rates are now lower!!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

I don't know what that has to do with anything. I simply posted something that I thought was relevant to a thread about progressive. I am not on here trolling for business if that was what you are alluding too. I could care less who you or anyone else has for an insurance carrier, I was just providing information so that people can make an informed decision when they do go to purchase insurance.

Comparing commercial and business insurance to property and casualty is like comparing a Bayliner to an Outerlimits. They are 2 completely different animals, but I am glad you saved yourself some money.

I didn't think you were trolling for business but your post was a jab at Progressive. You could probably find similar stories on every carrier, google "allstate screwed me" and you would find similar results. Its not like Progressive has its own posse of sleazy attorneys, pretty sure they all use the same posse!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GRH
Who completed the accident reports for you? 1-800 OVER THE PHONE? I'll take an independent PIA over a 1-800 # anytime.... If they are good.. they will be very close to the 1-800 # in premium... my guy shops my insurance every renewal... & his family need to eat too.... you get what you pay for....
Accident reports were done by the cops........

My "report" was essentially a paragraph email with the accident report number/date/time/short synopsis of the events and included 2 photos from the scene. Total time was 4-5 minutes.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Accident reports were done by the cops........

My "report" was essentially a paragraph email with the accident report number/date/time/short synopsis of the events and included 2 photos from the scene. Total time was 4-5 minutes.
all I do is call my agent... he takes it from there....30 second call.... and he is well trained at how to complete the reports in my best interest.... I am not.... to each his own...
Old 07-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I didn't think you were trolling for business but your post was a jab at Progressive. You could probably find similar stories on every carrier, google "allstate screwed me" and you would find similar results. Its not like Progressive has its own posse of sleazy attorneys, pretty sure they all use the same posse!
WRONG! Progressive horror stories are everywhere. Allstate ones are not. I'll take jabs at Progressive every chance I get too after the way they handled my claim. JWay had every right to post that attachment and I'm glad he did. It's just one more confirmation of what a rotten company Progressive is.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can definitely find stories about all insurance companies, especially when it comes to companies like Allstate and State Farm who are the 2 largest insurance companies in the country. This is no ordinary case, the girl who was KILLED insurance company sent their lawyers to court to defend the person who killed her so they could get out of paying the difference between his liability and her uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. So instead of them paying out the difference and going after the at fault party to re-coup their money, they felt is was in their best interest to defend the at fault party in court to get out of paying a coverage that their insured had been paying for. I highly doubt you will find anything that egregious on any other company.

If I were that girls family my A$$ would be in jail because you bet I would have been at their corporate office with very bad intentions for the individual who made that decision.