Notices

Douglas Marine's new boat

Old 08-22-2002, 01:22 PM
samglo

Isn't the NCR Super V the old Dramamine boat that was built by Mr. Hledin and Co.?

Old 08-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

dkwestern,

I wouldn't be too suprised if that boat IS the Baja boat...From the sketches in PBM, the BAJA/SKATER had 4 steps in it and was to be used in f-2 class. The sketches also look like what you were describing......two raised bubbles (1/2 canopies)....Did you see if the seats were actually seperated with a solid piece down the middle?? The sketches had that design.

Tank
Old 08-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not totally sure, but I am going by what I was told. It's definitely possible that it is the same boat, but the mold maker told me Baja backed out, so anything is possible. I guess time will tell the true story.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb Douglas Mrine

Douglas Marine Skater has built several boats for other companies
Fountains- Jim Horn's- Fountain-Flyer
- Jawana/Dramamine/Pier 57
- Banker/Tivoli
- Fountain/Pier57/NCR
- Popeye
Instigator is not a SKATER as I was told by the crew chief.
Cigarette- Rio Roses
Platnium is being built there now for KR racing
Seabold had some tunnel boats being built there too.
I think this WAS a BAJA / SKATER project but know is just a SKATER.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Category6

Is it possible that it could be the 39' Dragon Powerboat for Craig Barrie?

Old 08-22-2002, 03:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The boat is a........Skater. Baja is out completely. First hull will go to Pat Patel and Paul Whittier.........probably make this year's Worlds. Look out wannabes, Skater is in the Vee business.

But, I still hate steps.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-22-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Registered

Hey T2x,

Maybe they are going to cut the hull down the middle and make it into a new cat?

Oops, I'm thinking of the wrong company...
Old 08-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

T2X,

You (as usual) sound like you are in the know here....My question is ....If I'm reading this right, this is the "old" Baja/Skater boat and is going to just be a Skater now...Correct? Is it going to look the same as it did in the sketches? Because that thing is f*ckin BAD ASS!!!!

Tank
Old 08-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Registered

A bunch of us at SKATERFEST II asked Peter Hledin the story behind this. It was a joint venture between Skater and Baja. The project kept getting delayed due to management changes at the top level within the Baja corporation. Peter was describing this MASSIVE machine that Sea Ray owns that was used to build the plug, in one piece!! There are only a few of these machines in the world. Anyway it was quite interesting. I didn't know that Baja is now out of the project. T2X, knows for sure, he is dealing and talking with Peter Hledin quite frequently...he would know.

P.S. This is just a sampling of the conversations and interaction that took place at SKATERFEST II. Hopefully there will be another SKATERFEST III next year. I really recomend that you don't miss it. I know i won't.

Thanks Rich for such a great event!

Stan
Old 08-23-2002, 08:31 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2X is completely right on the new V from Skater. Have not yet seen any pictures of it or seen it myself for that matter. From what I have been told it will be a really sharp looking boat. Very sleek with great lines all put in for a purpose. If Douglas Marine is building it, would you expect anything less??? I wouldn't!!!!!!
This boat will be able to be seen at the Worlds this year in Keywest. Of course it may be seen sooner if someone goes and snaps pics and posts them on here. Which I am sure will probably happen. LOL!!!!! Either way it will be good to see this boat and see how well it runs also.

Quick Reply: Douglas Marine's new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.