Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Look What Mark Mcmanus Has Registered...who Has Rights To Apache Now, Lol! >

Look What Mark Mcmanus Has Registered...who Has Rights To Apache Now, Lol!

Notices

Look What Mark Mcmanus Has Registered...who Has Rights To Apache Now, Lol!

Old 08-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

domain squatting is illegal...it all hit the fan when some genius decided to start registering celebrity names...

IMHO I think this cyber squatting is indicative of the pissing contest between McManus and Saccenti...it has been taken to new highs(or lows) and whether either of these guys wants to compete with Cigarette or Outerlimits or not, I believe they never will because of all of the legal issues involved. I mean, look how our "NEW" Apache friends have had to change their name...???

Apache is dead and will remain that way as long as these two continue their current courses...not looking to be flamed here, just expressing an opinion.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Sean
domain squatting is illegal...it all hit the fan when some genius decided to start registering celebrity names...

IMHO I think this cyber squatting is indicative of the pissing contest between McManus and Saccenti...it has been taken to new highs(or lows) and whether either of these guys wants to compete with Cigarette or Outerlimits or not, I believe they never will because of all of the legal issues involved. I mean, look how our "NEW" Apache friends have had to change their name...???

Apache is dead and will remain that way as long as these two continue their current courses...not looking to be flamed here, just expressing an opinion.

from what i understand mcmanus owns all the rights legally as wells as the original tooling, thats why i [think] its calles apache comanche superboats
Old 08-22-2002, 05:51 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I noticed they are all .biz Now it's he who has the .COM's is who I think will really make out big!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT

IF PEOPLE WERE SHARP THEY COULD HAVE MAD ALOT OF MONEY REGISTERING AND THEN SELLING THE NAME...............LIKE IBM.COM...NOW IF YOU WERE IBM WOULDNT YOU PAY DEARLY....LOOKS LIKE MCMANUS WILL MAKE SOME

I LIKE CIGARETTERACINGTEAM.BIZ
Unless your a big name company it's pretty hard to get anything done one cyber squating...remember Madonna had a hard time with her web address and she had the $$ to fight it, most people don't
Old 08-22-2002, 06:16 PM
searace

Default Original Tooling

Mark McManis does not own the original 47 tooling, I do. The Apache 41 and 47's are now available.

Hawk Power
p.o. box 728
Blountstown, FL 32424
850-674-7474
www.searace.com

Old 08-22-2002, 06:30 PM
searace

Default origianl molds

The 47's are the original and only molds of that size that im aware of. The 41's are another set.. there are 3. One set is with Mark M., one set with Saber and one set with Us. The boats are Apaches by Apache Racing Team. Hope this helps.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the 47' mold owned by Bill Dahl?
Old 08-22-2002, 06:41 PM
searace

Default 47' Molds

We just made a deal, purchased the molds and will start production asap.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Popcorn anyone ?
Old 08-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: origianl molds

Originally posted by searace
The 47's are the original and only molds of that size that im aware of. The 41's are another set.. there are 3. One set is with Mark M., one set with Saber and one set with Us. The boats are Apaches by Apache Racing Team. Hope this helps.
does mcmanus have a 47 mold or did he make that 50 from the 41/42 deal? and who determines what is original and what is not?

does it matter!

i think it would be awesome if you could buy a new type[material] 47 style with all the latest hardware and no bs bottoms!

Quick Reply: Look What Mark Mcmanus Has Registered...who Has Rights To Apache Now, Lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.