Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO how long? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31490-oso-how-long.html)

laster 08-23-2002 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Playn

If you click on your profile I believe you can see your member # in the address line (at the end of it) something like id=xxx I don't know if it's exact, but darn close

That doesn't seem to work for me.:confused: Fortunately, I saved mine. :cool:

OffshoreOnly 08-23-2002 07:39 AM

Three years next month. OSO started off as a board for SCOPE members to communicate with each other and the word spread rapidly as it evolved in to what it is today.

Enticer, please have a more positive attitude. We try to provide as much as we can for free and will try to keep it this way the best we can.

OSO

Sean 08-23-2002 08:05 AM

Man...has it been that long??? I was original member #66 but I lurked alot back then...it really was a slam fest! :)

I think the board has come a long way and certainly a huge improvement over the original one...but I don't remember the Long Island gang Gary speaks of...

Cutwater 08-23-2002 08:27 AM

Been here about 3 years, member #220 (Thats CHARTER MEMBER to you!)
I thought Nuespeed just fadded away ..... kinda like Jimmy Hoffa!

Love this place, don't get enough time on it, but love it!!

Tantrum 08-23-2002 08:44 AM

Originally posted by Playn

If you click on your profile I believe you can see your member # in the address line (at the end of it) something like id=xxx I don't know if it's exact, but darn close

Nice; I didnt know that trick. I remember mine being in the seventies but wasnt sure exactly. Address line says 73.

Wally 08-23-2002 10:28 AM

thnk about this!

Man if we were still back at the original format can you imagine how long it would take you to scoll down to the end of the Apache topic right now! LOL!! Thats One good thing about this format to say the least! :D

C_Spray 08-23-2002 12:06 PM

Found it in 1999

When I first found it, all the messages were listed in outline form. Like Wally said, you had to walk through a lot of stuff to get to the message you were looking for. The Long Island a$$-kicking dramas occurred just before the first reincarnation of the board, then there was the "other web site" trashing dramas, then APBA vs. SBI, then Newspeed (Feb. 2001), who flooded the board with junk, then APBA vs. SBI, then the second reincarnation of the board, then Cats vs. Vees, then APBA vs. SBI, then Supercrash (who was annoying and frightening, but harmless), then APBA vs. SBI, then the third (current) reincarnation of the board, then ABPA vs. SBI, then Apache vs Apache, then.....

RiverGirl 08-23-2002 12:57 PM

Minimal charges....

Ain't nothing in life fo free. Minimal charges here and there for lots of info and entertainment.
I agree ... to keep OSO up and running.... small price.
once your addicted.... it's a habit you just can't break.
Plus look at all the friends, enemies, lovers, whatever whom you have met here!

The knowledge & history that can be found here blows my mind at times.

A big learning tool for me.:D

29 OUTLAW 08-24-2002 07:10 PM

Originally posted by enticer
SOON it will be an all pay board....the way it's going
I assume that OSO receives revenue from all their advertisers. Is it enough to offset all the costs? I don’t know. I would like to be able to compare OSO with TV networks that generates their revenue from advertisers. I can’t imagine paying CBS for the privilege of watching Dan Rather read the news.

Playn 08-24-2002 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Tantrum

Nice; I didnt know that trick. I remember mine being in the seventies but wasnt sure exactly. Address line says 73.

What's really sad is that one night many months ago I figured it out:rolleyes: :rolleyes: