Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where's the best place to live in North Carolina with a go fast boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/315067-wheres-best-place-live-north-carolina-go-fast-boat.html)

tamcmanus 07-11-2014 09:30 PM

Where's the best place to live in North Carolina with a go fast boat?

Taking a family vacation to outer banks this summer. Wife wants to buy waterfront property and retire there at some point. Any recommendations are appreciated.

ratman 07-12-2014 10:22 AM

florida... 12 month boating season... any more questions

Crude Intentions 07-12-2014 10:28 AM

Florida.

314joey 07-12-2014 11:30 AM

x3, you're a few states too far North.

302Sport 07-12-2014 11:38 AM

x 4 It snows in North Caroline every winter...

Crude Intentions 07-12-2014 12:29 PM

Pbeck. Far enough south all year round with the exception of a few days

xwing 07-12-2014 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by pbekemeyer (Post 4151934)
I'm with everyone here Florida. You can boat most year round.

OK where is best in Florida?
With Tie Ups every weekend, normal people who like to have fun without too much "Wallet Biopsy" stuff...good water, fishing, food places on ocean /harbors or inland waterway...
bikini chicks all over...you know, what we just dream of here in Wisconsin ... ;)

ratman 07-12-2014 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by xwing (Post 4151965)
With Tie Ups every weekend, normal people who like to have fun without too much "Wallet Biopsy" stuff...good water, fishing, food places on ocean /harbors or inland waterway...
bikini chicks all over...you know, what we just dream of here in Wisconsin ... ;)

i thought youse guys up there in cheese head land, dream about country cornfed skanks, that'll let ya do em over a bale of hay, after swiillin down a few bottles of MD 20/20 lol

ratman 07-12-2014 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by xwing (Post 4151965)

i think ft laud and s.e florida is the best perf boating for several reasons, there are tons of shops for anything you might need to maintain your boat, great weather, you can run to the keys or the bahamas for a weekend, great fishing, and killer bars all over the intercoastal, but pretty pricey for waterfront boat-able digs in that area, in miami lots of crime but cheaper waterfront housing. i lived in tampa for a long time, my father lived in ft laud so i have boated both coasts. lots of good boating over there on the gulf, but id pick ft laud over the west coast. but you can find all kinds of waterfront houses for very reasonable $ in tamps and st pete clearwater and south does offer some nice beaches and boating with a decent seletion of waterfront restaurants. i have heard several guys on the boarding move near cape canaveral area and like it. i still think ft laud is it for best of everything for performance boaters but buy near a cut so you're not idle for hours to get in and out, a lot of the intercoastal is no wake now which blows. the upper keys are pretty cool too. or you could even live in key west if you're gay