Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Commentary: Center Console Futures >

Commentary: Center Console Futures

Notices

Commentary: Center Console Futures

Old 07-19-2014, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could always run the 557 outboards,, that way you have supercharged LSx V8 muscle in your outboards!
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my second CC and I couldnt be happier, the boat has a great layout, very well built, I love the simplicity of a CC and nothing like standing up working on your motors. I have a 4yr old and for kids it's a no brainer, bottom line I own a boat to "use" it and have fun, that's it!

32' x 8' x 6,000 lbs, about 57 gps top speed with my old 250's, should be 63-64 when I re-power with Merc 250 xs's in a year or so. I do my yearly maintenance in the spring and run the boat all summer. Sonic bought the Dakota molds and is selling the same hull, Marlago, Marlin, Palmetto were all the same basic hull at some point. all composite construction, no wood rot to worry about. About 5'5" headroom in console for a head, decent cabin that 2 can sleep in, Boat rides great in rough water, that's the main reason I bought this model.
CLA if the only thing keeping your lady from leaving is the boat you may need to re-evaulate

Last edited by Pete280; 07-19-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Get more friends and get out of the lakes.....they are called offshore boats right?

BTW....just giving you ****
Originally Posted by ratman
lmao... good point lol
My boat goes off-shore on a regular basis. I have run with Kemosabe Apache and a 52 Outerlimits and two 38 ZRs to PIB. Of course I wasn't the fastest but I was dead even with the 38ZR with two 525s. I like my small boat. I can trailer it and I can afford to drive it more. Most of my boating is during the week when friends are working. Also, if I wanted to entertain 10+ friends I would probably upgrade to a yacht instead of a CC. They are just not that appealing to me. That's all. To each his own. I like traditional go-fasts in any size.

Here is a pic of the four boats that I ran to PIB with that day. We left from Lake St. Clair. Lake Erie was kicking up a bit with 2-3s so I had to slow down a bit. I was thinking that these guys were going to be on the island already by the time I got there but as I approached the harbor there they were, just pulling in! I tied up across the way where my little boat could fit without rafting. Of course I mostly hung out with the Donzi guys but that's Kemosabe and a 52 OL in front of the two ZRs. These boats are what I'm talking about. You want to entertain all your friends? Get a yacht.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 07-19-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

Just to bring this conversation full circle........Don Aronow would be 87 years old now, he most likely would be enjoying a center console like his long time friend George Bush (age 90), 38 Fountain CC named Fidelity.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
This is my second CC and I couldnt be happier, the boat has a great layout, very well built, I love the simplicity of a CC and nothing like standing up working on your motors. I have a 4yr old and for kids it's a no brainer, bottom line I own a boat to "use" it and have fun, that's it!

32' x 8' x 6,000 lbs, about 57 gps top speed with my old 250's, should be 63-64 when I re-power with Merc 250 xs's in a year or so. I do my yearly maintenance in the spring and run the boat all summer. Sonic bought the Dakota molds and is selling the same hull, Marlago, Marlin, Palmetto were all the same basic hull at some point. all composite construction, no wood rot to worry about. About 5'5" headroom in console for a head, decent cabin that 2 can sleep in, Boat rides great in rough water, that's the main reason I bought this model.
CLA if the only thing keeping your lady from leaving is the boat you may need to re-evaulate
A kid I went to high school with, his dad was a partner in Marlin. Back in the late 80's/early 90's they scored a contract with the Broward Sheriff's Office to build Marlins for their marine units but I think they were bigger than a 32. The partnership eventually blew apart and I never heard much about boats at his house again.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
My boat goes off-shore on a regular basis. I have run with Kemosabe Apache and a 52 Outerlimits and two 38 ZRs to PIB. Of course I wasn't the fastest but I was dead even with the 38ZR with two 525s. I like my small boat. I can trailer it and I can afford to drive it more. Most of my boating is during the week when friends are working. Also, if I wanted to entertain 10+ friends I would probably upgrade to a yacht instead of a CC. They are just not that appealing to me. That's all. To each his own. I like traditional go-fasts in any size.

Here is a pic of the four boats that I ran to PIB with that day. We left from Lake St. Clair. Lake Erie was kicking up a bit with 2-3s so I had to slow down a bit. I was thinking that these guys were going to be on the island already by the time I got there but as I approached the harbor there they were, just pulling in! I tied up across the way where my little boat could fit without rafting. Of course I mostly hung out with the Donzi guys but that's Kemosabe and a 52 OL in front of the two ZRs. These boats are what I'm talking about. You want to entertain all your friends? Get a yacht.

Kinda funny two of those guys in the picture own center consoles also.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Get more friends and get out of the lakes.....they are called offshore boats right?

BTW....just giving you ****
Originally Posted by ratman
lmao... good point lol
Originally Posted by bill63
Kinda funny two of those guys in the picture own center consoles also.
Like I said, to each their own. If I could afford a nice second boat for entertaining large groups it would be a yacht with full bar and amenities.
70 miles per hour does not get me into the thrill zone so might as well have the comfort of a yacht or nice cruiser. All just my opinion of course. I just don't see the appeal of the CCs other than the convenience of the OBs.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

the real issue at hand is the same with any big power hobby.

the real fast cars still are using old school power. they are a lot of maintence but nothing has changed. what has changed is the cheap stuff is getting way faster. Boats are the exact same way. the "normal" bar has been set so high that no normal person can play in the same league. its all about huge $ and little in ways of innovation. the days of a guy sitting around tinkering and testing to gain a few mph is over.

No matter what nothing will ever compete with the sound of a blown big block firing off... if it does for maintenance or inconvienence - you don't get the same feeling from it some of us do...
Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my cc.....great compromise between going fast and taking out the family. When the kids are on board, we pull right up to the beach, throw all the gear off,everyone jumps off, my wife isn't hanging on for dear life on a freshly waxed deck trying to tie off an anchor......very family friendly. Then when I am Alone, I can blast around all day at 80 mph without a care in the world. Now I know 80mph is slow for many here, but it gets the job done. Now mine is what you could call 'no frills' , but I like it that way. Now I have my moments where I say...a cabin would be nice, not getting blasted by the wind would be nice, some more amenities would be nice.....but grass is always greener
Old 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood

Yachts run 70 and affordable? Cause if so then sign me the hell up.

Also 2'/3' seas are average days here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.