Notices

Dana Marine Products

Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Dana Marine
Announcement: Effective immediately, Dana Marine products is currently closed. Marine Industries West has taken over operations for Dana Marine including relocation to our facility in Anaheim Ca.

For those that do not know me, my name is Bob Jeanblanc. I ran Dana Marine for roughly 10 years before opening Marine Industries West. We are relocating due to an eminent domain situation with the 91 freeway expansion. We are not going out of business. Unfortunately, because the state has some red tape on conducting the move, we will experience some down time. We are doing everything we can to continue processing and shipping orders. We are expected to have the move completed within 2-3 weeks. During that down time, our website will remain up and the phone lines will be open.

My goal is to get the company relocated, reorganized and running properly. I will be running Dana Marine alongside my service company BJ's Marine and Recycle Performance. There have been concerns expressed on the boards in the past about the customer service at Dana Marine. I can assure you that these situations will be corrected and we will have qualified personnel to assist you with your parts requirements.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please excuse any delays that may be occurring, I am processing everything as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Bob Jeanblanc
Marine Industries West LLC
714-630-3905
Bob, Thank you posting and I hope you can move the company forward.
I bought a set of Latham Controls from you several years ago off ebay from Recycle Performance and it was a flawless transaction and I got a killer deal.

I will post a link to a thread about Dana Marine so you will know about the problems that have been going on there
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...hats-deal.html

I ordred some small stuff from Dana several years ago and did not have any problems. It seems things have changed there over the past 1-2 years based on what has been posted.
Hopefully you will turn all of that around.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure there can be pages and pages of complaints. Unfortunately the company has been mismanaged for quite some time and I do not have an easy road in front of me to fix it. Anything that has been received by any customer that is not correct, I have no problem fixing the problem at my expense. Unfortunately, I just need to get this company relocated so we can move forward. It makes me sick to see the lost sales described here. The company is under new management and I will be making several changes in all departments including customer service. I'll do whatever I can to help any customers, but it will be a few weeks before I can do anything.

brian41, I have no problem issuing you a full refund, just give me a little time to get set up and give me a call. If your other direction does not work out, I'll be happy to replace the panels with whatever is required.

We are going to install the panels so the customer can use his boat, we will work on taking care of the problem at the end of the season. You should be back up running by then and I hope we can make it right for Mr Lucas.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
So is dana still with the company?
Yes, at a limited capacity. That may change in the future. At this point, he still owns the company but I will be controlling all company details. Dana's involvement will be limited to programming and tooling on a limited basis.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Cali sucks...move the company to Texas
My wife has always said she wants to move to Texas, she said she can easily ditch the Angels and become a Rangers fan. So that's a start.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My wife has always said she wants to move to Texas, she said she can easily ditch the Angels and become a Rangers fan. So that's a start.
You can buy front row season tickets with all the money that will be saved from the Cali BS tax program.....
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Registered

hard to want to continue to support Dana when Dana still owns the joint . . .

I have been a customer of theirs for years and recently wrote them off forever. I was needing to get some technical information before ordering some sponson tabs for my cat and after several weeks of trying to talk to Dana I finally got ahold of him and he was an absolute ass. told me he didn't have time to talk to me and just order them on his website.

Hung up the phone and called Eddie. They accommodated my special requests and got the order and future business.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formulaok

I have been a customer of theirs for years and recently wrote them off forever. I was needing to get some technical information before ordering some sponson tabs for my cat and after several weeks of trying to talk to Dana I finally got ahold of him and he was an absolute ass. told me he didn't have time to talk to me and just order them on his website.

Hung up the phone and called Eddie. They accommodated my special requests and got the order and future business.
Sorry to hear of your frustrations. Just very upsetting that something so simple can be made so complicated. I understand your position. I will do everything in my power to turn this company around, it will take some time, but I am dedicated to making our customer service top notch. I think that will ultimately get the company on straight tracks.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formulaok

My feeling exactly!! One of the employees told me that they had some bad castings a while back, of course dana denied it, and I had to call him every day to get new risers to replace the bad ones. I had to threaten to go public to get any resolution at all. I just pray that the new risers last ! I can't afford to replace motors again because of failed risers!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

My feeling exactly!! One of the employees told me that they had some bad castings a while back, of course dana denied it, and I had to call him every day to get new risers to replace the bad ones. I had to threaten to go public to get any resolution at all. I just pray that the new risers last ! I can't afford to replace motors again because of failed risers!
Unfortunately, there was a foundry that attempted to process some risers that didn't work out. It sounds like you got one of those sets. Fortunately, after a couple of problems, the tooling returned to the original foundry and they do a great job of producing them and they are bullet proof. Your situation is pretty much total bullsh-t. A simple problem with a simple fix. this is the kind of crap that I don't tolerate. The reality is, people will make mistakes, no one is perfect, but just fix it, its just not that big of a deal.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

As I said on the other forum, Good luck to you Bob and the future of Dana Marine Products. Hopefully the one's that have bad service from Dana in recent years will give you a chance to bring Dana Marine back to what it was years ago. And look what I found, circa 2006. I used to flip through this catalog like it was a Playboy mag and dream of what I needed, and sometimes the dream turned into reality.

Dana Marine Products Catalog- 2006

And look who the GM-VP was in 2006:

Last edited by firehill19; 07-25-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.