Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's my friends sunk 99 32 fountian worth? >

What's my friends sunk 99 32 fountian worth?

Notices

What's my friends sunk 99 32 fountian worth?

Old 09-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's my friends sunk 99 32 fountian worth?

If you remember the story, my friends 1999 32 fountian sunk back in late june from the stupid rear vent design, anyway his insurance company is back and forth with him, he wants a new boat, Period!! he asked me what it's worth, and if anyone would be intrested. Boat and myco trailer 502 mags, immediately drained and quenched when it came out of the water. They fully steam cleaned all interior, carpets, everything, he said it looks like new still, and all the guages look fine too, one or two are cloudy he said. I looked at it the day after it sank, sitting indoors on the trailer, and there were no marks or scrapes like he originally told me, and only two small chips about dime size on the bottom, by the transom. He said there was sand all in the oil, and power steering pumps, and so on. What is something like this worth, and are there people intrested in stuff like this. To me, if I liked fountians, I'd pick it up for the right price, it still looks like new, on the trailer, it just needs taken apart and put back together, and as long as the motors are apart, might as well tinker withthem too right? I dont think in the 10 minutes it partially submerged that it really could have wreaked havoc on any wiring or other items. a definite big can of worms, but its gotta be worth some decent price still.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 09-13-2002 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:00 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

No, but it's the 3 months that the water sat in there that caused the corrosion. The same for the gauges and the trim pumps, starter, alternator, distributor...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

The motors were immediately drained and filled with diesel fuel or whatever they fill em with to avoid the corrosion in them. I'm not trying to sell the thing, he still doesn't know what's gonna happen as the battle continues with the insurance company, but one of his options is to sell it as is, and the check from the ins company, and go by another boat. I dont know what ins is offering him, what he owes, or anything like some have asked me in private messages. I think he's just weighing out his options.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 09-13-2002 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:35 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've got crispy stack of 20 $100 bills........
Old 09-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

have jonny call me 734 635 1697...i would be willing to make a trade for mine plus cash...could be a hell of a deal for both of us!...and he can go boating RIGHT NOW!!!...i'll just have to ad that thing on list of **** to do...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally in my experiences, the Ins company will buy the boat from him for a argued upon amount. Then the ins will sell it at a bid or turn it over to a place like USauctions.com

Your friend would be very foolish to sell the boat right now. He needs to make the Ins company buy it from him and be done with it. Once the ins company has it please list who they are, I know of couple individuals that would be interested.

Will
Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

he's looking for a big boat next, he was (unfortuneately) talking about 40 something cruiser for a while, and a 43 black thiunder, he's still gotta pay off his loan, and figure out more details. You know more about what that would take to fix than I do Joe.

The insurance company doesn't want to buy it and auction it cuz there isn't much damage, and he doesnt want it back. They want to fix it and give it back to him so he's looking at options, I just dont know what it's worth??

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 09-13-2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and I would guess the value to be around ?? 20-30K for that salvaged boat. at auction
Old 09-13-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

let me know rob
Old 09-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

20-30, really wow, I gotta look into a sunk boat for my next one! that's salvage title though, his is not salvage, well not yet,unless the ins company buys it back and changes it, it's still a clear title at this time.

Joe, I'll talk to him in a few hours and tell him what you said.

Quick Reply: What's my friends sunk 99 32 fountian worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.