Facebook and powerboats know it alls >

Facebook and powerboats know it alls

Notices

Facebook and powerboats know it alls

Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
I have an account because they told us work that it helps internet search hits to our website.I don't know how it works.

I COULDN'T care less about it though. I do look at comments on youtube videos and am also just amazed at the stupidity. It's one thing to be ignorant, it's another to show it to the world!

I think it is an indication of our society and lack of humility. Everyone thinks they know everything about anything and is quick to let you know. The worst thing about people like that is that they never learn anything because they think they already know. I don't waste my time with them.
I like your Avatar. 64 Galaxie. 390 or 427?? They did one similar on Counting Cars.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

That powerboat swap shop is not that bad for selling stuff , sold my boat in 2 weeks off that place. You have to remember that most of society has facebook now so it gets a lot of traffic.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Proving—at least to me—isn't all bad, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...er-down-rising.

As in everything, there is more crap than quality in social media outlets from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to Tumblr to Snapchat. And I mean a lot.

At least these guys are contributing something positive. Hats off to George Tobin and Rodney Olson.

From a marketing perspective, I can tell say without hesitation that speedonthewater.com's Facebook page is an incredible referral traffic driver for speedonthewater.com. For better or worse—and based on this thread I'd say the consensus here is worse—Facebook appears to be eroding some interest in message boards and communities. I find that interesting, because Facebook is an interface nightmare for threaded discussions.

If it makes anyone feel any better, there are plenty of people where I live—roughly 20 miles from the offices of Facebook—who believe Facebook is yesterday's news.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 07-30-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 255 Likes on 110 Posts

Face book = the devils workshop
Old 07-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Proving—at least to me—isn't all bad, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...er-down-rising.

As in everything, there is more crap than quality in social media outlets from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to Tumblr to Snapchat. And I mean a lot.

At least these guys are contributing something positive. Hats off to George Tobin and Rodney Olson.

From a marketing perspective, I can tell say without hesitation that speedonthewater.com's Facebook page is an incredible referral traffic driver for speedonthewater.com. For better or worse—and based on this thread I'd say the consensus here is worse—Facebook appears to be eroding some interest in message boards and communities. I find that interesting, because Facebook is an interface nightmare for threaded discussions.

If it makes anyone feel any better, there are plenty of people where I live—roughly 20 miles from the offices of Facebook—who believe Facebook is yesterday's news.

How in the hell do you find something on FB that you saw 20 minutes ago??? is there even a way to search the fb swap shop for something??
Old 07-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I deleted my FB account about a year ago... It was almost liberating to not get roped into the BS that gets posted there.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
How in the hell do you find something on FB that you saw 20 minutes ago??? is there even a way to search the fb swap shop for something??
Right underneath the picture, on the far right side, is a magnifying glass. Click on it to search. (In your PC web browser view.)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
I like your Avatar. 64 Galaxie. 390 or 427?? They did one similar on Counting Cars.
It's a 1963 (&1/2). In mid year '63 they came out with the sport roof for better air flow (before that they had the box top. like T-Birds) as well as the 427 (up from 406). It's a 427 500XL, 4 speed car. '64's are very similar with same roof line but front/back ends are different and sides are a bit different. I like the '64's too but prefer the cleaner lines of the '63.5.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Gotta love facebook... This was on my neighborhood page.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527110[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Facebook and powerboats know it alls-fb.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Reading through this thread, I note your valid point but it is one of many I took into account when responding. Regardless, your point is still valid.

One thing I have noted and it is referenced in the subject line ... time and and time again on this message board I have read posts in which a self-appointed surveyor/dealer/appraiser/buyer/seller declares/contradicts/confirms/expands the value of a boat for sale. In short, opinions on such issues are as prevalent in message board communities as they are on Facebook. It isn't new ... it's just a newer platform for voicing opinion.

In the end, a boat is worth what it sells for. Speculation one way or another is only that. Sometimes accurate, sometimes not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.