Notices

trailer life

Old 08-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dave! As stated earlier, my computer crashed but I'm back!
I don't know how hard it would be to sell it. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard if it's priced right and in good shape. Hey, maybe if we could time it right, we could negotiate a two trailer deal with someone!!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Registered

I'm sure there's been plenty of posts about this, but any suggestions on who might have the best deal on an aluminum trailer? (or should I ask who not to call )
Old 08-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Intolerant1

You may have seen my other post on my bearing failure. I have a 92 trailer either built by Four Winns or for them. It is painted and has only a few little rust bubbles. This year I replaced and recarpeted my bunks and bolted up four new wheels and tires. During a long trip, my trailer brake line broke three times where it attaches to the master cylinder. Because we were traveling it required a stop for a new chunk of line at the nearest garage. The last time it broke I just crimped it and drove the rest of the way home without. A small length of flex line between the master and hard line has solved the problem
Now I just smoked a bearing to the tune of $551 and a trip back to Michigan to retrieve my boat and trailer. My point (sorry bout the rant) is at 10 years old I just spent half of what I could have bought a new trailer for. If everything had broke at once, I may have done differently. My boat seems to be heading the same way. 10 years and and little things are going right and left.

Old 08-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about...$679 for a new axle and six bearing sets all packed etc. They say it's in great shape, just needs tires...6 of them at $75.00 each...another $450.00
The trailer looks great and matches the boat perfectly with all new bunks, carpet, paint, bearings...WHEW!!

That's why I would really hate to have to invest in a new one!!