Tritoon vs. Pontoon vs. Advantage Party Cat >

Tritoon vs. Pontoon vs. Advantage Party Cat

Notices

Tritoon vs. Pontoon vs. Advantage Party Cat

Old 08-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Post 22 Jmeng and 29 TurboJack sum it up best. I've driven a Premier 29' w twin 300's.. 10' beam..awesome tritoon..handles some rough water way better than I would have expected. These tritoons are all different in quality, ride quality, and little differences that make them appealing to different buyers. Some have different shaped center tubes, mostly larger center tubes but some with notches, lifting strakes, some lowered 5" to bank in turns..and now PlayCraft is building steps into them. They all ride different. I drive a 26' SouthBay w a 225..and bring it to the islands regularly. Very nice boat. I am looking at a PlayCraft with twin 300's..so its just what your looking for. Take a few out for a ride.

Also look at AJ's 32 Skater version..or my other favorite..29 E-Ticket. Good Luck..
Old 08-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
tritoon with big motor. My son has one. Max speed we saw was 53 with the two of us. It can go slow all day and if you need to get going you can & ride is great.
Right on point. And of course you can never have to much HP! Big motor, yes sir I agree. I would love to find one with a 300 Verado but that will probably be way above my price point.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Registered

After several name brand offshore v-hulls and cat,'s ( cigarette,Donzi,fountain,eliminator etc...) we now cruise our Playcraft 2700 tritoon proudly it is a stable ride , gets on top of the chop well and is very easy to maneuver around the docks. The best part of the boat is the 496 mag HO power,the only way to go. Light load , Bimini down it will do 60+ mph....not bad. Fully loaded w 6 people Bimini up we'll still do 55 mph.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

I have a go fast and a tri-toon and I can tell you the ride is better most times on the toon and the go fast sits at the dock most of the time. Keep in mind I have two 300's on the back of the toon but it will keep up with a lot of big boats on a rough day. I had a single 300 on a previous boat and it did just fine. As far as handling just get 250 or a 300 hp with power steering and you will have no issues around the docks as it can be put in any slip without an issue. Without power steering I would agree they are not fun to drive or handle around a dock but same to be said if you loose your impeller on the motor that drives any other boat it is not fun. It is a great boat to spread out on and easy to get on and off plus the resale is better by far than most other boats. Don't get me wrong a go fast is awesome and I still like to take mine out but if you are looking for something that handles the water great, is easy to get on and off and still has performance there is nothing wrong with a tri-toon with bigger power.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Topgun and love it. But other than a poker run or quit ride out to see who's at the swimming hole you are limited to what you can do with them. I bought a 24 ft Parti Kraft three years ago for my wife, I have to say now that I really like it. It has a 115 hp E-Tec and run 25 wot, we cruise at 15 at 3500 rpm. Very easy on fuel. It's a great party boat. I would like to try a 26 ft tri toon with a 250 hp. I would like to cruise at thirty for longer rides, but other than that I, happy, and the wife loves it. It stays in the water all summer, taking the cover off is a pain, seems like 200 snaps. But you can't go wrong with a toon. Buy at least a 23/24 ft with at least a 115 hp are bigger and you will be happy.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like toons are the preferred boat on oso for members that have both. Who would have thunk!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Family has a 24' tritoon with a honda 150 on Norris and everything about it makes boating easy, cheap and enjoyable. Kids, dogs, grandparents......just a lot less hassle than go fasts. I'll probably never own another I/O fiberglass boat.

I will say that I was out on a friends Slingshot all day last weekend and my face hurt from smiling so much. I just don't want to maintain one anymore.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

WOW a few real close minded people on here. Boating is a different sport for everybody. I have had go-fast boats for 15 years and last summer my wife was on crutches so we spent a lot of time on a buddys tritoon. Couldnt believe how much fun we had, could bring friends out, crack a drink and RELAX and enjoy the beautiful water. Liked it so much I I sold my ZT280 this spring and picked up a 25' Manitou Explode with a 250etec. i cant explain how awesome this boat is. Will run almost 50 on GPS but I never go that fast unless I need to get somewhere, usually cruise like 20-25 mph. Took up skiing and tubing again, havent done that since I was behind my old mans starcraft somewhere around 1985. the boat handles the waves as good or better then any 25-28' single engine speedboat ive ever had and it turns exceptionally well, banks the corners just like a v-boat. Its a completely different kind of boating, i do miss racing down the lake sometimes and hearing the bib block roar but having way more fun overall....NO REGRETS!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Racer
Racer

I have owned fast and loud boats and they are a blast. My wife and daughter will reluctantly go boating, daughter loves speed but both get annoyed with the noise and being cramped all day( and forget bringing the dog)
. We went out with my brother a few times in his deckboat and did some tubing and just cruised around sitting at the table in the shade. The silence was deafening lol and quite enjoyable. If I want to go fast I've got Miss GEICO, but for everything else which is 99% of boating, Ill take the Tritoon. Like them so much, I just ordered a 25 Avalon Ambassador Tritoon with a 250 and optional grille. No more noise for me.....except on Race Day

Scotty B

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 09-17-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

People are going to lose Respect for you Scotty!!!! Next your are gonna get a Haircut!! Say it aint SO!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.