Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Participation at Corpus Christie >

Participation at Corpus Christie

Notices

Participation at Corpus Christie

Old 08-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My view on it was it was the best race site all around for racers fans advertisors well run and just cant say enough good thing about the way the race was set up.On the down side its just way way way to far to travel for us.Use what they have done there and model off it. Put on a race but on the central east coast were we are all from and the atendance will go up.There were very few boats from the west cost seriers so dont make us all travel.I know this wont sit well with you all in Texas and Im truely sorry but the cost vers the prize money doesant make sense to us.
Randy
Old 08-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BJM is right on why only 40 boats.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was fortunate enought to be in Race control helping out on the 15th floor of the Omni hotel. I got some awesome pictures with my new digital zoom camera/binoculars. I will post them as soon as I figure out how to retrieve them. My husband John was a patrol boat on the course in "Just Say No" and of course Joe Skrocki (Audacity) was racing. Joe got 2nd place in Factory 2 in Herbott Racing for a cure. Way to go Joey!! I am very proud of him (Mom's can be that way). Elaine Motl did a great job as did all the volunteer's and of course the hard work and particiapation of the TOPPS (Texas Offshore Performance Powerboat Squadron) Club. The view from the crows nest was fabulous and I was lucky enough to be able to visit with the APBA officials (Ted Zoli had to help me out with my new DIGIBINO) thanks Ted!! Everything went smoothly. I know the participation was light but any excuse for a race and we try to be there. I don't know about the others that attended but I know TexasRas, Bajababe, Audacity, Jana who are members of OSO had a blast. I was fortunate enough to meet other members of OSO at the welcoming party Friday night. We ran into Bat girl on the plane on the way down and when you get 2 blonde's together along with Bajababe - the fun never ended. Congrat's to her also for her 2nd place in the Bat Boat Competition. See y'all in the Bahamas!!!! I will post some pictures soon.