Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend >

Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend

Notices

Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend

Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy 41 Apache Powerboat Tonto. Upgrade crash boxes to new Velvet Drive Liberty Transmissions.
Attached Thumbnails Market Analysis Game.......500K to spend-picture%2520006.jpg  

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I see your point JS. Alot of the boats mentioned are awesome but they aren't my cup of tea. Active thunder would be a big choice of mine if it wasn't just me going out and hammering down. Fact is I'm single no family to appease. Big difference there in the two classes of boat.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Buy 41 Apache Powerboat Tonto. Upgrade crash boxes to new Velvet Drive Liberty Transmissions.
I was going to include placing a decent offer on Tonto but didn't in order to stick to strict 5 year budget - few hiccups and youd be close to 500k in boat and maintenance. still my favorite 41.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 797 Likes on 259 Posts

The new 368/700 Skater would top my list but the $500k doesn't leave your maintenance and storage window open. I can store it cheap(but not free) and 700 warranty is only a year.

That said I WOULD buy that or a 38 MTI at or just below the $500k mark. It's still worth $250-275k in 5 years and I'm not gonna quit working so I will keep making income.

Now, if I was looking to buy, use and cash out the 2008 Donzi ZRC w 525s would be my choice. Pay $125-135k. Use it 5 years it's still worth $90k. Easy to tow, easy to store, reliable(ish) and runs 90++ every day.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
I was going to include placing a decent offer on Tonto but didn't in order to stick to strict 5 year budget - few hiccups and youd be close to 500k in boat and maintenance. still my favorite 41.
PNP, I believe Tonto is a pristine 41 Apache Powerboat, The Chief engines are relatively fresh, the 6's are strong, I prefer the Velvet drive dockside manners to the crash box, so that would be the only change made. A dream powerboat for sure, easy to haul on the roadway. Easy launch and haul out. Easy engine maintenance with the staggered engines. Hiccups be damned.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-10-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Not a single new performance boat purchase so far......even with free money!
One performance CC purchase (two if I was to buy the Intrepid instead of the 38 PP).

If people won't hypothetically buy with 1/2 million in free money, you can now see why the manufacturers are struggling to sell new performance boats to buyers using their own money! I also think a 500K budget is insanity, you can buy several new performance boats at that price point yet no one did.

OSO is a very diverse group, I would think a performance boat manufacturer who posted this exact question would get an idea of how tough this market really is from top to bottom. Can you imagine introducing a boat like the OL 36 (dead middle of a 500K budget, newest boat in this segment that I can think of) and not one person thinks of your product? AT 33/37 , Sunsation 32/36, Cig 38 TS TG? Hustler 29/38? DCB/Skater smaller cats? Could you imagine designing a new hull, new paint/interior concepts, new Mercury power and then giving someone 500K in free money to buy it yet they still bring up a 30 year old 41 Apache as their chosen option?.......HUGE KICK IN THE NUTS RIGHT THERE!

If I had the ability to post this back in 2004 I suspect there would have been lots of new boat orders! Powerplay, Sonic, Spectre, Fountain, Donzi, Baja, Black Thunder would have all been answering phones back then!
I think there needs a be a catch that you can only spend the $ on boating. I.e. In your analysis, I would buy house, buy tow vehicle and several boats to meet each need. Hp CC, party barge, jet skiis, then hp cat or v hull. As most are using money for other reasons and not strictly boating.

Now if we all had millions in bank, your market analysis would go very differently. IMHO
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
PNP, I believe Tonto is a pristine 41 Apache Powerboat, The Chief engines are relatively fresh, the 6's are strong, I prefer the Velvet drive dockside manners to the crash box, so that would be the only change made. A dream powerboat for sure, easy to haul on the roadway. Easy launch and haul out. Easy engine maintenance with the staggered engines. Hiccups be damned.
They may indeed If you're lucky. Me I'm more on the budget gino luck program.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a good question. Only answer I can come up with now is not a fishing boat, I mean CC Fresh water here so no worries about big power salt issues that seem to have driven many to the outboard.

I do like the 420 nortech monte carlo however. It has some CC, cuddy and pure high performance features all in one. OK, used 420 monte with 700s when it's 400K and spend the rest on enjoying the boat!

Brand new I might look at 36 outerlimits with 565s. 500K doesn't get what it used to brand new these days!!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
I see your point JS. Alot of the boats mentioned are awesome but they aren't my cup of tea. Active thunder would be a big choice of mine if it wasn't just me going out and hammering down. Fact is I'm single no family to appease. Big difference there in the two classes of boat.
It's just me and the lady. No kids, never having them. Also no FAM either to bring out

I still rather sport a nice CC then a cat or Vee with I/Os
Old 08-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

a colombian built submarine, 100k, load it with 4 tons of blow 350k gas to usa 20k, use remaining 30k partying with hookers and titty dancers at scores. skuttle the sub, sell the blow for 8 million dollars... did i win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.