Notices

Chicago Air & Water Show

Old 08-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Chicago Air & Water Show

Here are a few pics from this weekend's Chicago Air and Water Show. What an event! If you haven't checked this out from the water and boat in the Midwest put it on your calendar for next year!
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Air & Water Show-coast-guard.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-f22-raptor.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-v-22-osprey.jpg  

Chicago Air & Water Show-chicago-pd.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-blue-angels.jpg  
Old 08-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an f/a18, not a raptor. Cool pics. Saw the Blue Angels oceanfront at Virginia Beach. Too cool at that venue. The raptor is several levels beyond with thrust vectoring capability.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A few we took on Saturday
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg  

Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg   Chicago Air & Water Show-image.jpg  

Old 08-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Cool pics, sweet rides. That's the first time we had the small cat on Lake Michigan. The ride back to Burnham Harbor Saturday afternoon got a little interesting. We made it but I don't know if a 26ft cat should be a regular on the big lake. Kind of felt like we brought a knife to a gun fight.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Hopefully the AO handles the post-Shootout slop OK. See you at one of the watering holes later this week!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
Cool pics, sweet rides. That's the first time we had the small cat on Lake Michigan. The ride back to Burnham Harbor Saturday afternoon got a little interesting. We made it but I don't know if a 26ft cat should be a regular on the big lake. Kind of felt like we brought a knife to a gun fight.
Saturday was nice you should of been out Sunday when the wind shifted out of the Northwest and the fog rolled in.

Mark
Old 08-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Jeff we're headed down Friday now. We're pumped for the big event. The AO will do fine in the slop. I just don't like a Bravo flying in and out of the water behind 800HP. That can't be good. See you on Bud Friday!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Boating in Lake Michigan with a small boat may need the guidance of a meteorologist.