Detroit, Motor City International Offshore Championships

Old 08-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Karaokemike
Andy are you getting any help from DYC?
Hi Mike!

Tom Mcinnes is the President of this race and said that he may have some boats from the DYC where he is also a long time member. There were 1,500 - 2000 boats for the LSC raft off so, one would think that it would be easy to get some volunteers boats for this race. Next week we will be pushing hard to make sure that we have all the boats for this race. We are doing the best we can but you can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do, unless you are the Godfather. Thanks Augie for your help and to everyone else who has volunteered and made a commitment, it is appreciated. I do this because I love to watch Offshore Powerboat Racing and don't get a penny for volunteering, the only pay I get as a volunteer is knowing that there is going to finally be an International Offshore Powerboat Race in the Motor City on the Detroit River and many people are going to get a chance to see something new and excitng, that everyone can afford to go to and that is for FREE to them. It does cost the sponsors a bundle to put it on and the racers to come and race here. My pay is watching a great race here and that is why I am volunteering my time. If anyone feels the same way and wants to see this for many years then lets hear from you and volunteer. [email protected]

Last edited by AB From Windsor; 08-22-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AB,

I think what you are putting together is great. I would offer to help you out, but my 382 has been in mothballs since I moved to Vegas 6 years ago and I'm having shoulder surgery on 9/2 and would be useless physically. I have been the race physician for OPA and GLOPRA for many years, and previously with the Gold Cup races many years ago. Let me know if you need any advice on the medical/safety end.

[email protected]
702-856-6115

Chris
Old 08-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RedDog382
AB,

I think what you are putting together is great. I would offer to help you out, but my 382 has been in mothballs since I moved to Vegas 6 years ago and I'm having shoulder surgery on 9/2 and would be useless physically. I have been the race physician for OPA and GLOPRA for many years, and previously with the Gold Cup races many years ago. Let me know if you need any advice on the medical/safety end.

[email protected]
702-856-6115

Chris
Thank you very much Chris, your offer is appreciated and I will be in contact with you. Wish you a speedy recovery from your upcoming operation.

Andy
Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Registered

if all goes well we will be on the LEOPA fall poker run and running from Lake Erie to the Detroit River on Saturday, hope to see some boats out testing.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweep boats

We have 2 sweep boats , 1 28 apache and 1 32 active thunder
Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to the event!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
if all goes well we will be on the LEOPA fall poker run and running from Lake Erie to the Detroit River on Saturday, hope to see some boats out testing.
Looking forward to seeing you guys go by and hope that you do get to see some testing but if not, you will see some great racing on Sunday on the Detroit River.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by butch ryan
We have 2 sweep boats , 1 28 apache and 1 32 active thunder
Thank you so much Butch, we look forward to seeing you guys at the meeting Friday and we appreciate all your efforts to make this happen, without people like you volunteering, it wouldn't happen.

Andy
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by C M R
Looking forward to the event!
Thanks, we are glad to hear that.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Looking forward to seeing you guys go by and hope that you do get to see some testing but if not, you will see some great racing on Sunday on the Detroit River.
I was just told that the river will be closed from 12-4 on Saturday is that true??? it seems like a long time to be allowed to close it down for a day of testing. How many race boats and races do you have planned

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 08-28-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.