Needing swim platform or step suggestions

Notices

Needing swim platform or step suggestions

Old 08-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Busterw
OK, which width,depth and drop did you end up getting?

Do you know what brand platform yours are?
Buster,
I'll try and look at the docs that came with the boat and see if it has any info on who made them. I did a visio dwg and sent to Aqua, I'll try to find that also.
Dean
Old 08-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thank you.

It LOOKS like yours are Eddie Marine brand platforms. I just got off the phone with Hustler and they said the ones they've done on Talons, they used the Eddie platforms. He said a 24" width on each side of the drive but man that seems wide. Eddie makes and 18" and 24" width. I would be interested to know the width of yours as well since I like how yours look.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Buster,
I'll try and look at the docs that came with the boat and see if it has any info on who made them. I did a visio dwg and sent to Aqua, I'll try to find that also.
Dean
Old 08-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Buster,
Welcome to 25 Talon club. These are what we have on the back of our 25 Talon. They came the boat, but I know they were not cheap either. I just added a Aqua Perf. Swim ladder also. Will be installing a 10" grab handle this weekend also.
Dean
I would diffidently go with these over the solid ones from Diamond you referenced (nothing against Diamond, just the design) A solid swim step should be called a "Slap Step". When you stop in the middle of the lake to jump in and do a prop check, you will find out why I say Slap Step. Unless the lake is like glass, every little wave the boat will bob up and down and the step will slap the water and splash to the point that its very annoying to just hang around the back of the boat. The step with the slots lets the water pass through.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is the best one I've ever used. Expensive but....

http://www.accuright.net/boatladder/
Old 08-20-2014, 07:52 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Busterw
OK, thank you.

It LOOKS like yours are Eddie Marine brand platforms. I just got off the phone with Hustler and they said the ones they've done on Talons, they used the Eddie platforms. He said a 24" width on each side of the drive but man that seems wide. Eddie makes and 18" and 24" width. I would be interested to know the width of yours as well since I like how yours look.

Thanks again!
Mine were custom made by some machine shop in Miami. Found the receipt didn't give the dimensions. here is the visio .dwg I converted to it to a . doc so you could open it here, which I sent to Aqua Step. hope this helps.
Dean
Attached Files
Old 08-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i used Alummetalfab and was 100% happy with my platform i had custom made for my cigarette. for the size and the goodies i added to the platform the price was very reasonable in relation to other places i checked