1000 Islands Poker Run "Rockport card stop" >

1000 Islands Poker Run "Rockport card stop"

Notices

1000 Islands Poker Run "Rockport card stop"

Old 08-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1000 Islands Poker Run "Rockport card stop"

Hey everyone,I am kinda curious about the card stop.I was a little iffy on the idea of using my sea-doo to do it when ask about it on Thursday.But I do have to say after doing it on Sat with my co-pilot I must pat myself on the back and say we did an awesome job fighting the waves and white wash to deliver the goods.And after handing out 149 cards and to only touch one boat in that mess.I must say it was pretty quick and easy.I am just wondering how everyone thought of it ????I am still buzzing from it. It was an awesome weekend guys.Thanks to everyone !!!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default card stop

I think you did a great job,and that you should apply for a job with US CUSTOMS as you seemed to have a better idea on handling 149 boats than they did.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:36 PM
JAMMIN

I think it was the best idea for a card stop I've ever seen! I hope other Poker Run organizers (NJPPC, FPBC, etc) pick up on it. Thank's for you effort.

Old 08-26-2002, 06:18 PM

Default Those kids were Great!

The PWC was a great Idea and those kids did a terrific job! ABay should have been a little better!! Why make the boats go to a Hotel, hand in your Custom papers so you can't touch land first! Then you can tie up at a FLOATING dock with a gated entrance to go eat lunch? Wouldn't that had gone smoother if customs took your papers on the floating dock! just a thought while I was watching tempers fly.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Registered

Well Frank thats for the compliment.Even though I am 24 and my partner is older.We do appreciate the remarks.It was very interesting to say the least.I loved it though and still riding the high.Sorry I never got to meet you.But I did get a chance to hang out with Bob Christie and enjoy his company a bit and check out the new ZR.Great boat.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

Something just occured to me,Anyone have any pictures of the card stop in Rockport ? If you do please post them,Would love to see it,Or at least email them to me.Thanks.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you did an awsome job with the cards.i dont think i would have wanted to be on that thing around all those boats.i guess pwc,s are good for somthing after all.maybe we can get customs to use them next year to save us an hour of confusion in a-bay
Old 08-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Thanks Sterndrive.I was a little iffy on it.But glad I did it.It was awesome.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Jay...

Thanks!!
Its was the best and most organized stop of the day!
Old 08-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Hustler 26

I agree with sterndrivespec. You did a great job and you definitely
have bigger b***ls then me. Oh and by the way; Chris, Vern, Jim' (and the rest of the crew), THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME!!! I can't wait till next year.

Quick Reply: 1000 Islands Poker Run "Rockport card stop"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.