Notices

37 AT or 388 Hustler...?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
8 of 10 days your not even going to see 85 on Lake Michigan. Like I said earlier. Ride and cabin are #1
Then I think you just answered your own question.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
they had the original black thunder 388 running 150+ back in the day...just saying
What boat is this? Black thunder or hustler? I've seen YouTube vids of a 388 with 1500 a side that supposedly does 130+. Is that an early or later 388?

Did hustler update the bottom on that 388 reloaded that they are selling new? Is it now similar to a rockit?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Go always go Apache you know how those guys are with big water rants....
Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
they had the original black thunder 388 running 150+ back in the day...just saying
Black Cloud, And its for sale if anyone is interested
Old 08-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hogie roll
What boat is this? Black thunder or hustler? I've seen YouTube vids of a 388 with 1500 a side that supposedly does 130+. Is that an early or later 388?

Did hustler update the bottom on that 388 reloaded that they are selling new? Is it now similar to a rockit?
That's the one, its called Black Cloud, and its an Arneson Boat with huge power. 146 mph.

Aggressive lifting strakes and light composite construction make these boats fast with little power, it also makes them feel squirrely....but only in the passenger seat The early models many removed the last 18 inches of lifting strake (Black Cloud included). Its a big job, because the strake is part of the mold. Later models it was built up flat in the inside right from the factory, so removal was easier.

I have cut holes in a 388 for installation of things, the pieces I cut out we so light I was simply amazed. But they are a good strong boat, just a different feel than standard construction.

Tabs down in rough water it's still 38'8" of boat, I'm not sure why people suggest the AT will be better in the rough? In fact the hustler may weigh less, which will be better on bravo drives.

I like the latest gen of AT because of the cabin, the cabin could never be compared to the hustler. In fact the hustler v berth bed is shallower than most 24 ft boats, no way could I sleep up there.

The rigging, wiring, and hardware on the 388 are simply amazing, highest quality and best attention to detail in that price range, by far.

The bathroom in the 388 is like a practical joke, even for girls

IMO neither is a bad choice, even for big water. 388 less cabin but more a speed.

Last edited by 4bus; 08-20-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
That's the one, its called Black Cloud, and its an Arneson Boat with huge power. 146 mph.

Aggressive lifting strakes and light composite construction make these boats fast with little power, it also makes them feel squirrely....but only in the passenger seat The early models many removed the last 18 inches of lifting strake (Black Cloud included). Its a big job, because the strake is part of the mold. Later models it was built up flat in the inside right from the factory, so removal was easier.

I have cut holes in a 388 for installation of things, the pieces I cut out we so light I was simply amazed. But they are a good strong boat, just a different feel than standard construction.

Tabs down in rough water it's still 38'8" of boat, I'm not sure why people suggest the AT will be better in the rough? In fact the hustler may weigh less, which will be better on bravo drives.

I like the latest gen of AT because of the cabin, the cabin could never be compared to the hustler. In fact the hustler v berth bed is shallower than most 24 ft boats, no way could I sleep up there.

The rigging, wiring, and hardware on the 388 are simply amazing, highest quality and best attention to detail in that price range, by far.

The bathroom in the 388 is like a practical joke, even for girls

IMO neither is a bad choice, even for big water. 388 less cabin but more a speed.

All true, except...

The tabs (transom) on the Hustler are roughly 37' 6" linear feat from the nose of the boat. So it's not exactly 38' 8" of boat.

Go home Tape Measure; your Drunk off the Fountain again.

I've rafted various 37ATs to various 388 Hustlers many times over the years, and if you include the swim platforms (bolted/molded respectively), they are nearly identical.

I wish someone actually measured "bathtub" lines or water lines. It would make things much easier.
Then again, men have been measuring from the "base" for years, but women never care about that either.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-20-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll

Hogie Roll,

You are correct, the 388 Reloaded is the new version of the 388 Slingshot. We took what we learned from the 39 Rockit and applied that to the bottom of the 388 Reloaded.

Paul
Old 08-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
All true, except...

The tabs (transom) on the Hustler are roughly 37' 6" linear feat from the nose of the boat. So it's not exactly 38' 8" of boat.

Go home Tape Measure; your Drunk off the Fountain again.

I've rafted various 37ATs to various 388 Hustlers many times over the years, and if you include the swim platforms (bolted/molded respectively), they are nearly identical.

I wish someone actually measured "bathtub" lines or water lines. It would make things much easier.
Then again, men have been measuring from the "base" for years, but women never care about that either.
Yes, bolt on swim platforms are not counted. Everyone that doesn't have a molded platform patrols the internet trying to measure their penis against a molded platform boat. Wouldn't it be easier to just get with the times, add the molded platform and call the AT a 39? it may increase your sales hahah
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Yes, bolt on swim platforms are not counted. Everyone that doesn't have a molded platform patrols the internet trying to measure their penis against a molded platform boat. Wouldn't it be easier to just get with the times, add the molded platform and call the AT a 39? it may increase your sales hahah
That's very high on the priority list.
#1: build a CC
#2 add molded swim platform

Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I've ridden in both. Both great boats. IMO I'd give the 388 an edge for poker runs, and the AT for all my every day boating. But that's really nit picking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.