Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ripped of yesterday!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/317167-ripped-yesterday.html)

commandersander 08-23-2014 01:32 PM

Ripped of yesterday!!!!!

Had an email from paypud this morning....

Told me my requested transfer of paypud funds to my bank account was being processed and to expect the transaction to be completed on or befor 8-28-2014.

Um.....ok.....maybe I did something like drunk banking......so I logged on to paypud.....and discovered that there was an additional bank account on my account with them and that the transfer had already been completed. Hmmmmm.....

So, I checked all of my Regions accounts and all looked good.....except no deposits.....and my paypud had a zero balance now....so the money went somewhere.

The added account was from "Green Dot Bank"......come to find out. Security at paypud said it is not a real banking institution and is their most popular form of fraud. I asked why didn't they automatically flag anything from Green Dot, and they said their system can not pick and choose. I call Bullsheet!

Anyway, I'm protected, and will get my money back in three to five biz days.....but what a friggin racket....

Be advised......

vintage chromoly 08-23-2014 01:54 PM

Paypal has become a necessary evil rivaling the automobile.

lucky strike 08-23-2014 01:54 PM

interesting

commandersander 08-23-2014 02:21 PM

The scariest part.....as my REAL accounts are attached to paypud (verified user) someone could have gone on a helluva shopping spree on-line....and now Regions, ACH and paypud would have me in the middle of a circle jerk with various merchants.....

Crude Intentions 08-23-2014 03:51 PM

That's frickin crazy Rich. How do they just let someone add a bank account to your Paypal account? Unbelievable.

thirdchildhood 08-23-2014 04:03 PM

I quit paypal years ago. Too many horror stories.

donzi matt 08-23-2014 05:00 PM

I only link paypal through credit cards, not bank accounts directly, that way I have some sort of an extra layer of fraud protection through mastercard.

Fischan 08-23-2014 06:03 PM

When I did use paypal years ago I had an entire account at a bank set up only for paypal. When I needed to buy something I deposited funds to the account then made the purchase. Now I refuse to buy a used item I can't make a transaction in person for.

Nightlife1970 08-23-2014 10:47 PM

I got hit with that a couple weeks ago. Called Paypal and *****ed. Got my money back right then and there.

buck35 08-23-2014 11:02 PM

Someone mentioned escrow. Com a while back on a thread, does anyone have any info on them?
hope it all works out cs.