Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Qatar Team Obliterates Shootout Record with 244-MPH Top Speed >

Qatar Team Obliterates Shootout Record with 244-MPH Top Speed

Notices

Qatar Team Obliterates Shootout Record with 244-MPH Top Speed

Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love Warby. He comes to our OFF meetings. I am also extremely proud of Curtis, Cosker and crew.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by u1crew
To GRH. If you closely examine the way the owners and administrators of professional football and professional basketball in the U. S., you will find that Qatar is a exemplary model of how to treat employee in their service. Case in point -- Vince Young. He was basically an uneducated youth with some talent that the NFL used and used-up and then discarded like so much vermin. Check in on Earl Campbell -- broke and in a wheel chair. Then there's O. J.! The list goes on and on and on ....
I feel this is a ludicrous statement.

Where's the personal accountability? Were these "professional athletes" forced to join, and then play in the NFL? Were they not adequately compensated? I am not the biggest fan of professional sports for many reasons. Poor millionaire athletes, I stay up at night worrying about them......
Get real.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
What a bunch of azzholes. Steve Curtis is the nicest guy on the planet. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Why don't you bigots man up and take a ride with him?
+1
Congrats! And to anyone who has actually met
Sheikh Hassan, you can attest to what a nice guy he is to talk with. Its not everyday the guy with the biggest boat at the race takes a genuine interest in a small father/son team from the sticks.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
One company and name I see left out of all the praise....

Nice job by team Qatar but especially John Cosker and the team over at mystic for building such a remarkable machine.
its amazing how that hull settles down when it getsgoing, man everyone involved in this thing nailed it. Builder, set up guys, riding crew . . . . everybody. Ya know i hafta wonder what that boat would do beyond the mile mark, I'm sure it was still pulling.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

I guess there's something to be said for years of schooling and taking the patience to work slowly to the top...cosker's a naval architect and his resume of who he's worked with, while building or advising on the build of boats is as impressive as the results his boats see today. Only boat in production DESIGNED from the get go to run over 200 mph!

Last edited by thisistank; 08-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
its amazing how that hull settles down when it getsgoing, man everyone involved in this thing nailed it. Builder, set up guys, riding crew . . . . everybody. Ya know i hafta wonder what that boat would do beyond the mile mark, I'm sure it was still pulling.
I was thinking the exact same thing. This was at a drag race. what it would do on a full kilo run with running start.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Long live Mystic! ....That is all.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

The most thrilled guys at the event were on that team. This wasn't a "show up and run" type of success. They practiced and tested for this event and it showed.

I have met the crew several times and everyone from the truck driver to the throttleman are true professionals with an easily approachable quality. Spend a few minutes with any of them and you will be amazed at what you will learn.

Balls of brass in size HUGE to make that run. Congrats !!!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I guess there's something to be said for years of schooling and taking the patience to work slowly to the top...cosker's a naval architect and his resume of who he's worked with, while building or advising on the build of boats is as impressive as the results his boats see today. Only boat in production DESIGNED from the get go to run over 200 mph!
Tank,
I've known JC since 1995, and he is a very hard working, family man, who's design background allows him to think outside of the box, and it shows, not just in the C5000, but the SL70, C62, and the list goes on and on. There is a really cool project just around the corner, that will once again show, his design skills are unmatched!
Dean
Old 08-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John Cosker was a Field Engineer for Rolla Propellers when we worked together on a performance problem on huge "Miss Turnberry". That was about 1992. Then he took a job with us on the Gentry Transatlantic team. John Connor, Me, E.J. Potter (The Michigan Madman) and Tom Gentry. He was our computer engineer and naval architect. You could see his drive and brilliance even then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.