Question for experienced Cat drivers >

Question for experienced Cat drivers

Notices

Question for experienced Cat drivers

Old 08-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Math (calc) and physics are actually a hobby of mine but yeah thats another way to put it. Mean 'ol mister gravity always wins though . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

So just to RESPLAIN dis to me LUCY

Explain it to me like I am a 6 year old

So once the nose is coming up it is well caught up in the motion of deceleration and no amount of chopping the throttles will make a difference because the drag of the outdrives and props slowing is far to little a braking action to have any effect over the weight and inertia of them and the stern of the boat.

In essence the whole boat is decelerating from the time the nose goes up a little, just the nose is decelerating a little quicker than the stern.

Thus it creates thee illusion that the boat is still under hard acceleration as the nose is continuing to rise.

Which the illusion of continued acceleration may not be an illusion after all because the throttle man may be making a last ditch effort to pour on the coals to get the nose back down.

Also correct?

Forget Big Bang , I am going back to watching Looney Toones
Old 08-23-2014, 06:15 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

With our outboard tunnels, lifting or throttling back it the absolute worst thing a driver can do. When you start to get loose, driving the bow back down is your best chance, trim and throttle are your best friends.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RBT
With our outboard tunnels, lifting or throttling back it the absolute worst thing a driver can do. When you start to get loose, driving the bow back down is your best chance, trim and throttle are your best friends.

I had a buddy down here in Florida years ago that had a old magnum tunnel with 235 that he was a wildman in. A few years later he bought a wood STV . I guess he had it up around a 100 and it started for the sky and he told me he got out of it quick and the boat slammed back down and pretty much disintegrated

That story always gave me the idea that chopping the throttle may slam you down but would prevent a blowover.

He admitted he was far to inexperienced to be driving it after he crashed it..
Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try holding a piece of plywood in the back of a truck and let the wind get under it at 50 mph...... now think about 12 pieces of plywood at 180 ...the lift is incredible so..... once down force is gone its a leaf in the wind

i come from a drag boat back ground and it dont take much to make things go wrong .....and it can go wrong real quick .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKN_0a_NSJA

Last edited by NO REGRET$; 08-23-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Be back in 15 minutes gotta run and get some more beer killed the case i started on this morning.

See if the neighbor can drive me in my truck as i been drinkin , Just happen to have a piece of plywood too

Report right back
Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NO REGRET$
try holding a piece of plywood in the back of a truck and let the wind get under it at 50 mph...... now think about 12 pieces of plywood at 180 ...the lift is incredible so..... once down force is gone its a leaf in the wind

i come from a drag boat back ground and it dont take much to make things go wrong .....and it can go wrong real quick .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKN_0a_NSJA
Yea those things are absolutely NUTS.

May as well strap a Titan missile on your azz and hope for the best
Old 08-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Be back in 15 minutes gotta run and get some more beer killed the case i started on this morning.

See if the neighbor can drive me in my truck as i been drinkin , Just happen to have a piece of plywood too

Report right back

how was ur trip ???? lol
Old 08-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Police pulled us over before we got out of the driveway.

I guess the site of a man wearing a childs life jacket with a Hello Kitty helmet on holding a piece of plywood over his head in the back of a picgup truk was suspect.

I call Bullchit. Thats Profiling

Anyways found the Rum
Old 08-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NO REGRET$
how was ur trip ???? lol
I think the plywood may have won!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.