Fastest Vee bottoms at LOTO???? >

Fastest Vee bottoms at LOTO????

Notices

Fastest Vee bottoms at LOTO????

Old 08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
I'm with Eddie, I believe it was 114 as well..... And we did take out a trans.

There were plenty of vee's on the lake capable of getting well into the 130's and possibly 140's though. Not sure why more of them didn't run.
Sat next to you at a stoplight in Hannibal yesterday. Sorry to hear about the trans. We had a discussion as to whether your flatdeck was born as a #6 boat or converted Not sure BT ever put anything out other than Bravo boats. Plus your exhaust setup tells me the transom was filled and re-cut.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
INXS was there and was docked at Camden, he did not make any pass that I saw.
Well that's no fun.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

There were several 140mph + Outerlimits on the lake over the weekend. The wreck Saturday moved the focus to Joel and Mike.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 373 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Sat next to you at a stoplight in Hannibal yesterday. Sorry to hear about the trans. We had a discussion as to whether your flatdeck was born as a #6 boat or converted Not sure BT ever put anything out other than Bravo boats. Plus your exhaust setup tells me the transom was filled and re-cut.
That boat has always had six's I should know I rigged that boat for the Parveys it wasn't rigged at BT It was rigged in Southern Cal. Sorry to hear about the trans. It sounded like you were ready to move the record way up this year.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Al Broadbeck (sp) won V Top Gun with a Fountain. IIRC, it has 700's.
If Al won top v. Cuddos goes out to him. He has been running there since the 80's and he runs a 700 fountain 38
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Archer
That boat has always had six's I should know I rigged that boat for the Parveys it wasn't rigged at BT It was rigged in Southern Cal. Sorry to hear about the trans. It sounded like you were ready to move the record way up this year.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
If Al won top v. Cuddos goes out to him. He has been running there since the 80's and he runs a 700 fountain 38
Couldn't agree more....he is a great guy and very deserving of this award....Congrats Al
Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
Couldn't agree more....he is a great guy and very deserving of this award....Congrats Al
Couldn't agree more. I spoke with him a few times in the last few weeks about his engines. He made a point to find me and introduce himself at Capt. Rons. We got to chat for about 10 minutes and he seems like a truly genuine guy. He also thanked me for not bringing the Skater V this year. Lol

Another thing to keep in mind is that they changed things up this year. They are further splitting up the classes into drive type in an effort to get the average boat owners back into it. It's no secret that the speeds have increased drastically in the last few years. It's also easy to see that most, if not all, of the focus is on the faster boats. There was a thread about Qatar within 1 minute of his run. You won't see a separate thread started about someone running 75 mph in a Baja.(not that there is anything wrong with a 75 mph Baja)lol. My point is that the smaller, more average boaters get intimidated and don't run their boats. They see that their Bravo boat is up against another boat with 300 hp a side more and #6's. They realize that they don't have a snoball's chance in hell of winning so they just don't even try. That's not what it's supposed to be about.

I think the splitting up of the classes is a great idea. However, I hadn't heard about it until we registered. It would have been great if they would have advertised that fact a little. I think the attendance would have increased quite a bit. The downside to it this year is that you had a ton of classes with only 1 boat. They are splitting them up in to "B" (Bravo drive), "R" (#6 or surface drive) and "A" (Bravo derivative like IMCO, B Max, Konrad, etc.) For example, a twin engine supercharged cat with 800 hp a side and Bravo's will no longer have to run against the same size boat with 1200 hp a side and #6's. This letter designation is at the end of the class designation. In the above example, a 30' cat with twin sc engines and 6's would be NC2P2R.

Everyone keep that in mind for next year. There are well over 60 classes now, so there is plenty of space for everyone, no matter how big or small the boat or power.
Eddie
Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Eddie that summed it all up...and put a lid on that thread. Let's get those drives on mine and see what she has then it's time for the boxes and extend planes and YOU can drive IT next year too. Thanks for letting Kyler and I hang this weekend, Louie, his wife and yours are the GREATEST!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Couldn't agree more. I spoke with him a few times in the last few weeks about his engines. He made a point to find me and introduce himself at Capt. Rons. We got to chat for about 10 minutes and he seems like a truly genuine guy. He also thanked me for not bringing the Skater V this year. Lol

Another thing to keep in mind is that they changed things up this year. They are further splitting up the classes into drive type in an effort to get the average boat owners back into it. It's no secret that the speeds have increased drastically in the last few years. It's also easy to see that most, if not all, of the focus is on the faster boats. There was a thread about Qatar within 1 minute of his run. You won't see a separate thread started about someone running 75 mph in a Baja.(not that there is anything wrong with a 75 mph Baja)lol. My point is that the smaller, more average boaters get intimidated and don't run their boats. They see that their Bravo boat is up against another boat with 300 hp a side more and #6's. They realize that they don't have a snoball's chance in hell of winning so they just don't even try. That's not what it's supposed to be about.

I think the splitting up of the classes is a great idea. However, I hadn't heard about it until we registered. It would have been great if they would have advertised that fact a little. I think the attendance would have increased quite a bit. The downside to it this year is that you had a ton of classes with only 1 boat. They are splitting them up in to "B" (Bravo drive), "R" (#6 or surface drive) and "A" (Bravo derivative like IMCO, B Max, Konrad, etc.) For example, a twin engine supercharged cat with 800 hp a side and Bravo's will no longer have to run against the same size boat with 1200 hp a side and #6's. This letter designation is at the end of the class designation. In the above example, a 30' cat with twin sc engines and 6's would be NC2P2R.

Everyone keep that in mind for next year. There are well over 60 classes now, so there is plenty of space for everyone, no matter how big or small the boat or power.
Eddie
That's it, the Chaparral is running next year!! Class - 1SFB!!

Does anyone remember the year the 60' (?) Sunseeker ran?! Blistered thru the trap at something like 36 MPH. Won its class, though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.