Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where to buy handrail covers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31724-where-buy-handrail-covers.html)

Keith 08-26-2002 10:01 PM

Where to buy handrail covers?

Usually in colors, vinyl wrap over foam, used to cover up handrails. I've seen them on a lot of Sonics. Also seen them on bike handlebars. Who carries them?

Hot Duck 08-27-2002 02:11 PM

Hey buddy! I have seen some of these in car performance catalogs like Summit and Jegs or off-road catalogs like 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers or Dick Cepek. They are listed as a roll bar pads, but they may be available in the diameter to fit your rails.

I have also seen these home-made. The padding was pipe insulation from the hardware store and the covers were simply pieces of vinyl or fabric with the edges sewn and velcro added.

One last shot might be a bicycle shop that sells BMX type bikes or a motorcycle shop that sells dirt bikes. They both use these wraps on the handlebars.

I don't know if any of this helps, but it is all that I could come up with. I have some web sites on my computer at home that may have something. I'll look through them when I get home tonight and post any that may help.

Will
Lynch Mob (F2-3)

Keith 08-27-2002 02:25 PM

Hiya Will!!! Good to hear from ya man. Sorry we didn't get down to Ocean City this year, sure enjoyed our trip last season. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the info. I must be searching using the wrong names and such, can't seem to find them yet. I'll definitely use your info though and try that angle. Take care.

jrocket 08-28-2002 03:25 PM

Try Kayak Pads see them up in the mountains on top of car racks all the time.

Hot Duck 08-29-2002 12:48 AM

Hey Keith, try some of these links. If they do not have the roll bar padding on their web pages, try calling them.

www.jegs.com

www.summitracing.com

www.stylinconcepts.com

www.traders2k.com

www.truckaddons.com

www.truckperformance.com

www.trucknamerica.com

These are the only performance parts dealers that I have web sites for. I am sure that one of these will carry the covers that you are looking for, or at least something that will work. I hope that this helps. Wish you guys could hae made the trip back to OC again this year. Maybe next season?

Will
Lynch Mob (F2-3)

Hot Duck 08-29-2002 12:55 AM

Just out of curiosity, I typed the words "roll bar padding" in the web address line and hit search....quite a few sites came up that may be worth looking at. One of them is bound to have a pad that will fit your hand rails. If you are using AOL give it a try. If not, I imagine that Yohoo would yield the same results.

Will

Keith 08-29-2002 07:11 AM

HOLY COW!!

Thanks Will, you're a riot man. :D Now I know why the Commander Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland does so well, it's full service!! :)