Hot Sauce vs Speed Gloss, My experience >

Hot Sauce vs Speed Gloss, My experience

Notices

Hot Sauce vs Speed Gloss, My experience

Old 08-26-2014, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Sauce vs Speed Gloss, My experience

For a long time I have used Speed Gloss. Today I was out so I picked up some Hot Sauce. First off, I use it to remove dried on water spots, not at the ramp when its still wet. The Hot Sauce sprayed on and come off with a few passes of a towel. No remaining residue like the Speed Gloss (I always had a 2 towel method 1 to apply and one to finish). Also the Hot Sauce removed most of the water spots with one application, the Speed Gloss takes 2-3. And not like it really matters but the Speed Gloss smells like baby puke. Hot Sauce still smells like a chemical, its not poorly covered up with a scent like the Speed Gloss. Hot Sauce in my area seems to have a greater availability. I will be sticking with the Hot Sauce and its cheaper!

BTW... I have no affiliation with either, all tests were conducted with a beer close by.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

I have had great results with boat bling products! The vinyl sauce works great as well.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like nice product. Ill have to look it up. To be honest with you its relatively cheap and easy, but I have used turtle wax ice on my boat the last few years and have been really happy with it. Gets most of the crap off and its quick to use. I have used aerospace 303 in the past, nice product, its pricey and a little more laborous.

For vinyl seats dont know if its been out there, but tried the Mr clean, cleaning sponges on vinyl. With just plain water it takes off everything!!!! a few stubborn spots spray 409 on it and its gone.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Yea, I bought the Performance Boat Candy kit last year and was not really impressed. The Crystal Cut compound worked well by hand in tight areas like cockpit where i didnt want to use the buffer. The wax left a decent shine but not an extremely slippery "just waxed" feeling that I prefer. Frankly the cheap Star Brite polish with PTFE worked better. I want to try Collonite sometime also, heard many good things about that stuff. The vinyl cleaner didn't clean much of anything off of my white vinyl, and the vinyl conditioner is no better than anything else I have used like Meguires or Armor All. Yes the Speed Gloss smells horrible and it didn't leave much of a gloss at all where I tried it. A cheap bottle of Turtle Wax Spray Caranauba Quik Wax works much better for after run touch ups. This is another time I have heard great things about Boat Bling so I will probably buy one of their kits next year. I am a perfectionist neat freak when it comes to cleaning my 1997 boat that looks as close to new as I can get it. PBC didn't satisfy that or WOW me in any way.

Good ole Chlorox Clean-Up is the best on my vinyl. I always put protectant on afterwards because I know it can dry it out. Darn white can look so dirty so fast with sunscreen and skin oils after a day on the water. I try not to use it all the time, only when needed. 409 seems to work great for any other time.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 08-26-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Guys, being into detailing and knowing a thing or two... Try Megiuars Ultimate Waterless Wash Plus. It's truly the best product you can buy for your quick clean ups. Also, it has a higher carnauba content than most of what you guys are putting on your boats during your details!!

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-water...ncentrate.html
Old 08-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I'ved used both and both are good products.

I prefer Hot Sauce for a quick clean and water spot remover after pulling the boat out.
I use Speed Gloss more as quick detail spray wax.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do they compare to Wizards Mist and Shine? Sounds very similar.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I too tried the Performance Boat Candy (Extra Cut Compound) and was not at all impressed. 3M compound works 100x better to remove fender rash on my black hull. For quick touch ups, I really like Meguirar's spray detailer. I just purchased 303 quick detailer but haven't tried it yet.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
I too tried the Performance Boat Candy (Extra Cut Compound) and was not at all impressed. 3M compound works 100x better to remove fender rash on my black hull. For quick touch ups, I really like Meguirar's spray detailer. I just purchased 303 quick detailer but haven't tried it yet.
might be just the bottle i bought but the meguirars comes out flaky. 303 is great and it can go on anything and is great protectant. Not sure its a great cleaner, but is ok. But on fiberglass it takes a few more passes with the hand, but is better than say turtle wax ice or similiar products. Its nice on vinyl as well as its not oily.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Everyone has their favorite. I love Vitreo, buffs off even easier than it goes on, and lasts very well.

http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.co..._-_Vitreo.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.