Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record >

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Notices

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Old 08-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Tell that to the wives and kids left behind
I didn't know Mike and don't know his family. But, I have to believe that Mike and his family all knew the risk involved in the persuit of speed. People unwilling to accept that risk don't understand. Because they have already decided that it's not worth it. There is nothing wrong that that. But, do not judge those that do accept the risk. Those that to do accept the risk, and choose to push even farther, do it for their own reasons and I can tell you those reasons are many.

Every man dies....but not every man lives.

God Speed Mike

Old 08-28-2014, 03:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Thanks redwhite. Exactly what my response is.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Another perspective. What about the wives and kids of our military, police, fire fighters? All who do what they do knowing the risks involved. Or the wife and kids of the construction worker making maybe $40,000 a year driving home from working late to earn some ot to pay support his family and killed by a drunk driver. Everyday there are risks taken some greater than others but risks none the less.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would serve no purpose for Reggie to attempt to break the record. To promote a brand that has his name only and no affiliation with would only be free advertising for the current owners.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by captain caveman

Don got shot.
Yes I'm fully aware of that. I was just generalizing. But he did die from being shot

Dale Earnhart Jr???????
Old 08-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DARREN US1
Hello all,

Who thinks that Reggie should not go after the kilo run in honor of Mike Fiore?
It is a nice sentiment but I have to agree with most of the posters....I believe Mike would not discourage a challenge of the record as he would see it as an advancement of the sport

As far as Reggie or someone actually doing it......an with the utmost respect to the Fountains.....IMHO there is probably only one guy in the country who could do it and that was the guy that rigged and drove the current kilo boat and it would be in an Outerlimits so what would be the point?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and if Mystic builds him a V bottom and the sheik goes after it? I would think that's the next logical conclusion.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

As far as Reggie or someone actually doing it......an with the utmost respect to the Fountains.....IMHO there is probably only one guy in the country who could do it and that was the guy that rigged and drove the current kilo boat and it would be in an Outerlimits so what would be the point?
youre probably right there it only makes sense for mystic to be the next to try. but I keep hearing rumors and at this time just rumors that the fountains are thinking of building a few custom order V-hulls in the 40-44 range. like I said just rumors but if they did I would think they would go after the record.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Reggie still builds boats?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

OP are you high ? Just because a tragedy has happened you think it isn't right for some one to try and beat the record ?? That is insane to think. We all knew that this was going to be a battle once a new record was set, will continue to be. With much respect to Mike and his family there is no disrespect coming from some one who wants to try and take the top spot. Everyone that goes out on these runs, events knows the risks that come with it. It is what we do as people when we want to be on the top. It is a shame when some one looses their life over it but ultimately the risk is always there. Its all part of hat some one loves. I think it is insane for anyone to think its disrespectful for Reggie to try and take back the record... Time will always move on..

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.