Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record >

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Notices

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I think Mike's record will stand for a long time.
+1......There is no one left building vee bottoms that is in a position to break the record.

There is no money in the record. If an attempt costs a company 300K to fund and they build 30 boats it costs them 10K per boat extra.....that is a lot of extra expense for a trophy!
Reggie was using race boats to keep the cost lower and Mike did also and borrowed a set of 1650's so that kept it more reasonable.

Cigarette built their last boat from scratch, didn't break any records and then reconfigured the boat as a pleasure version to recoup some of their costs......expensive lesson for them.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

This is titled as a manufacture Vee record correct??
So I should be able to order that same boat setup from the manufacture day after they set the record?

Wow, kinda takes the fun out of this topic. NASCAR had a similar rule once, way back when it was cool too...
Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoever wants, SHOULD try to break the V bottom record, whenever they so decide!

We are human beings...
We strive, we move forward, with respect for the past and our eyes on the future.
Many others have died in many forms of sport going for, or having some record...
If all who had "The Record" at some point had a sentimental call for "never breaking X's record out of respect" we'd have ceased trying and advancing LONG ago, not just now, with this recent terrible tragedy.

I don't believe for a SECOND that Mike Fiore or ANY record holder (or attempt-at-record-holder) who died in the attempt would say "Respect Me and Don't Try Any More"...this is not what Humans do, or SHOULD do.
We Grieve, we Respect, we always Remember...and we Move Forward a bit wiser, a bit more able, learning lessons where we can...even in tragedy...ESPECIALLY in tragedy, I'd say.

I don't know if there's Heaven, we are denied SURE knowledge of this in life...but if there IS Heaven, and Mike is up there...who among us thinks he won't be in the FRONT row CHEERING when someone carries the V Bottom Record's flag he has carried, forward?
Will that person not feel Mike handing him that flag, if only in their mind? Is that rapid blinking of eyes just some dust, or something else...
It isn't winning a war, or curing cancer, but it is LIFE, and ENJOYING life in ways many of us also do, and DREAM about!

Who will not then remember Mike fondly, with respect and honor?
We ALL will!

Last edited by xwing; 09-01-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If he was still making boats I wouldnt see why not,

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.