Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record >

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Notices

How many people think that reggie fountain should not up the vee bottom record

Old 08-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
It all depends on how you look at things. Thus, many of us will look at it in many different ways.

Here's a few odd examples but will drive my point home:

We have very large Bike Week here. If the deaths are under 12 for the week, we call it 'Successful.'

We have a pretty large 'small mountain' here known for it's horrible weather. The horrible weather is what attracts climbers, bicyclists, skiers, sight seer's, and etc. It averages 24 rescue operations a year.

And this quote:

People still swarm to both of these.

Listen, I'm into extreme sports. I'm older now so don't partake in them the same way. I'm old, beat up, and still alive...somehow. I broke my back 2 different times and well over 20-30 other bones over time.....so I wasn't that much of a wannabe. LOL.

If you fully know what the consequences are of what you are doing, and don't injure or kill an INNOCENT person doing so, you have every right to do it, and I'll applaud you for your actions as it is your right.

I married late in life. Even though my chances of perishing had diminshed at that point, I still do things that give me some % chance. I have had serious discussions with my wife/child/parents/ siblings and etc about this.

Why ? So they could atleast try to understand which of course is hard to.

Also, because growing up I not only barely made it back home many times, but because I have had to identify a few bodies and had gone to probably over a dozen other funerals because of the same actions.

If you don't understand how some of us are (cliff climbers, ice climbers, parachutists, stunt plane pilots, mountain climbers, ski jumpers, snow boarders, race car drivers, motorcycle racing, snowmobiling and snowmobiling racing, surfers, extreme kayaker's, on, and on, and on - how far should I have to go with this ?)
then please don't try to make laws, regulations, etc,etc and especially moral judgements on what we do.

My motto's:

again, if you really want to do it - try to do it as well equipped and smartly as you can and go for it....just don't take out someone innocent to the event.

We have just one life to live. Go live it.

Play Hard, but play smart.

Lastly, and as part of my family and friend discussions, If I go out and do something that causes me never to return, still love me for who I was and don't ever, ever ! try to have laws/regulations/or etc be done to keep others from able to go out and do the same thing if they so desire.

Over and out - that's enough as I'm getting fired up. LOL.
I have a whole new respect for you my friend . If I may , you left out deep diving , exploration of our oceans depths and of coarse the exploration of deep space . We by definition are the Lunatic Fringe ! If we stand on our laurels then we fail to grow ,learn and live . May God bless all that possess the spirit of adventure and the yearning for what lays around the corner !
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much respect for mike and his family, power boat pioneer's.
Respect for Reggie as well, but if Reggie is going to try and take back the record someone will have to let him borrow a boat. Breaking records and buying front page adds, and helicopters ect, Bankrupted fountain, and put him in the poor house, also making every fountain powerboat worth less, so who cares if Reggie ever tries,

Chris H
Old 08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With all sue respect; whats the purpose? Does anyone care? I find it hard to believe that anyone would put much weight into a particular boat holding this record. Its been irrelevant for 20-years
Old 08-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Guys......

I am ashamed of the majority of the responses that I just read, and more ashamed of the op.

Mike Fiore related discussions NEED and SHOULD be kept off the radar unless you have a positive rememberance to share with those of us that we're never lucky enought to stand beside him, see his perspective, smell his air and experience his passion.

Wake up!

We just lost another brother!

Right now is not the time to discuss a phuckin record!

Now is the time to remember, morn and repair.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

So everyone, Are you all saying that if you have a noledgeable man on the throuttles that anyone can go fast as they want? What the hell is that sopost to teach us! I am pointing this out becuse I went 140 mph and then quit.... ....

Last edited by DARREN US1; 08-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Folks,

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble and I'm only posting this because this thread caught my eye but, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...Jmb3VudGFpbiJd.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

This is Reggie Fountains decision, not the court popular opinion. Now if you want to see a comparison, put him in the Outerlimits and let him run. Head to head, Outerlimits and Fountain never happened, as far as I recall.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Respectfully, I ask the mods to close this.

Thx.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chefke
Much respect for mike and his family, power boat pioneer's.
Respect for Reggie as well, but if Reggie is going to try and take back the record someone will have to let him borrow a boat. Breaking records and buying front page adds, and helicopters ect, Bankrupted fountain, and put him in the poor house, also making every fountain powerboat worth less, so who cares if Reggie ever tries,

Chris H
Last time I checked Reggie is far from the poor house, the boat business was his hobby business.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Please educate me, if the boat business was his hobby, what was his real business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.