Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less?? >

Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Notices

Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Old 08-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

I have had two sets of Gil dry exhaust on both motors of my boat for a total of 160hrs, and have had two internal leaks on the manifolds which leaked water into both motors, i saved them both, but do not want to go through the chocolate milk experience again!!!! I spoke to Corsa/Gil and they gave me a price of 900 per set for the manifolds and 1525 per set for the dry pipes for trs......is this a deal?? if not, are there any other alternatives?? thanks!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to our website at STAINLESSMARINE.COM and look at the construction of our manifolds. They will NEVER leak into your engine. We have the longest (5 yrs) warranty in the biz. Same price.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:34 PM
Registered

thanks brownie, i am heading there now!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Wait a second here.....Anyone else have this problem with them??? I just bought a set and put them on my NEW blower motor....I really don't want to screw up the 17 g's I just dumped into this motor!

By the way, they sound f*ckin AWSOME!!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Hardin p-1000's are still available, they seem to last well. My boat had them when I got it, and one (of four) leaked into the motor.

The flip side is they were 15 years old at the time.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

A buddy of mine has 1997 HP500's with the Gils made for mercury and he had 150 hrs on them and had a manifold go bad on both! Luckily, he suspected something was goin wrong and he replaced them with Stainless Marine Manifolds from Brownie before he had chocolate milk for oil!
MD
Old 08-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Registered

tank-i have only heard great things about the system.......don't worry about yours!!!!! its just that once in a blue moon you might have a problem......believe me i have had them all!!!!!

kaama-whats a p-1000??
Old 08-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the gils I just took off were installed in 91 salt water use only..not too sure on the total hours..they finally started leaking..pinholes due to corrosion..not a bad record...but am going back with Stainless marine set-up..

upon checking the gil pipes for possible reuse or sale I found 2 small leaks at the weld where the inner and outer pipe are welded to the flange...I cleaned the welds up and was very suprised to see how thin the material was at the weld....kinda scary when that's all that is separating your engine from certain death....that weld was a little cold lapped...
Old 08-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

The P-1000 exhaust manifolds were originaly made by Hardin Marine. Each manifold has a plate on it that says "Hardin Marine" but you could also order them from Hardin with just about any name on it. I have seen other marine companies names on them such as Hawk, KAAMA and some others. These manifolds were very different looking manifolds. The jacketed manifold was cast with aluminum, the 3.5" tail pipes were a double wall dry exhaust and they made power gains comparable to a Gil exhaust system. I highly doubt these are still being made as I have not seen any advertisements for many years now. Hawk used to offer them on their engines back in the early to mid 80's. I remember seeing them on their Hawk 511 engine package. KAAMA offered them on their engine packages as well. A friend of mine used to have them on his 30' Scarab.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:14 PM
AIRTIME

Hey Brownie,I have a set of dry S M form 94 . I bought them form Bob Chisty used . There still running sound and look great,HI BOB IF YOUR OUT THERE, ART STILL RUNNING THAT 88 BAJA 647hp.

Quick Reply: Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.