Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT:  During these tough times, please help those in need... >

OT: During these tough times, please help those in need...

Notices

OT: During these tough times, please help those in need...

Old 08-27-2002, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT: During these tough times, please help those in need...

Since September 11, 2001, Americans have come together as never before in our generation. We have banded together to overcome tremendous adversity. We have weathered direct attacks on our own soil, wars overseas, corporate scandal, layoffs, unemployment, stock price plunges, droughts, fires, and a myriad of economic and physical disasters both great and small. But now, we must come together once again to overcome our greatest challenge yet.

Hundreds of Major League Baseball players in our very own nation are living at, just below, or in most cases far above the seven-figure salary level. And as if that weren't bad enough they could be deprived of their life-giving pay for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the upcoming baseball strike. But you can help!

For only $20,835 a month, about $694.50 a day (that's less than the cost of a large screen projection TV) you can help a MLB player remain economically viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and every little bit will help!

Although $700 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a baseball player it could mean the difference between spending the strike golfing in Florida or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, seven hundred dollars is nothing more than a month's rent, half a mortgage payment, or a month of medical insurance, but to a baseball player, $700 will partially replace his daily salary.

Your commitment of less than $700 a day will enable a player to buy that home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new Ferrari, or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you’ve chosen to sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k), real estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. Plus, upon signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned photo of the player lounging during the strike on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (for a signed photo, please include an additional $150). Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?

Your MLB player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be able to make collect calls to your home via a special operator in case additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!

I would like to sponsor a striking MLB player. My preference is (check below):

[ ] Infielder

[ ] Outfielder

[ ] Starting Pitcher

[ ] Ace Pitcher

[ ] Entire team (Please call our 900 number to ask for the cost of a
specific team - $10 per minute)

[ ] Alex Rodriguez (Slightly higher cost of $60,000 per day)

Please charge the account listed below $694.50 per day for the duration of the strike. Please send me a picture of the player I have sponsored, along with an Alex Rodriguez 2001 Income Statement and my very own Donald Fehr MLB Players Union pin to wear proudly on my hat (please include $80 for hat).

Your Name: _______________________

Telephone Number: _______________________

Account Number: _______________________ Exp.Date:_______

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Discover

Signature: _______________________

Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):

Account Number: _______________________ Exp.Date:_______

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Discover

Signature: _______________________

Mail completed form to MLB Players Union or call 1-900-F%*&-THE-FANS now
to enroll by phone ($10 per minute).

Disclaimer: Sponsors are not permitted to contact the player they have sponsored, either in person or by other means including, but not limited to, telephone calls, letters, e-mail, or third parties.

Contributions are not tax-deductible.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

That definitly puts it into perspective.

They dont have anything to be crying about, what a bunch of a-holes(sorry to vent, just my opinion)
Old 08-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

F*CK EM !!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought they were supposed to play because they love the game. It's amazing what money can do.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

What's baseball?
Old 08-27-2002, 10:23 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

That's Funny!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's f'in hilarious! LOL!
I was just thinking that the other day....How can someone being paid that much have the balls to go on strike!

In the Immortal words of Risk: F*CK 'EM!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what the sad thing is? All the people I know who are baseball fans feel the same way about the strike - F$%K them. But of course, they won't stop buying tickets, watching the games, or supporting these primadonas in general.
Myself, I couldn't care less if the game was never played profesionally again. I've never been a fan, and I'm sure not about to start anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:35 AM
jr

Millionaires striking against Billionaires. Only in America.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Rick252

F*%K em