Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/317545-baja-36-outlaw-fountain-35-lightening.html)

Dcazarky 09-02-2014 06:18 PM

Baja 36 Outlaw or Fountain 35 Lightening?

I know there is a boatload of differences, no pun intended.. ha? Between the two. So I'm going to break down some questions to differentiate what I believe makes it a better boat. And then you can go onto your opinionated area of expertise and try to sell me on the matter lol. Thanks

Which one excels in each area? The ~2000 Baja 36 Outlaw, or the ~2000 Fountain 35 Lightning. All standard of course.

In addition to our local watering hole, Kentucky lake, I will be frequenting the florida key with it where I vacation, so please add this into the factor for the overall as the water is more than likely, barring a catastrophe, always rougher especially getting out there.

Handling?
Ride?
Speed?

Also the quality of a boat, I know everyone is very opinionated but you can't argue the FACT that some boat brands are just flat out cheaply, and I mean not quality, built as others. Like say Silverton and Bayliner are less quality as compared to a Carver or Sea Ray in the motor yacht world. Sure they both get the job done on a day to day basis, but while your Ford is on the racks at your dealership, my Chevy is out tearing it up on the course.

Thanks!

commandersander 09-02-2014 06:27 PM

Really?

Compare the fountain to the elite.....

Put the baja in line with cheap.

Not baggin on the brand, and I'm no lablel whore.....but you have presented to us the difference in FACT between rinker and sea ray.

Baja has allowed a significant amount of people to enter into the offshore arena due to pricing.....and that pricing differential comes at the cost of quality.

Look at the same boat, same year in your inquiry......for sale....similar condition.....see where the value lies.

TooLateVTEC 09-02-2014 06:31 PM

Popcorn is in the microwave !!

Keytime 09-02-2014 06:52 PM

Wait... my Ford is on the rack at the dealership? I just parked it outside. WTF!

Crude Intentions 09-02-2014 06:59 PM

Speed and handling fountain is a no brainer. Ride the 36 outlaw will be bigger than a 35 lightning so it "might" ride better but youll be reattaching stuff if it is rough. Fountain glasses the deck and hull together to stiffen the ride and help handle rough stuff better. I do not believe baja did this. Space baja hands down.

Smitty 09-02-2014 08:23 PM

If you foresee yourself (and family?) spending hours IN the boat, the Baja wins hands down. Fountain is faster w/same power. As with buying a new car or truck, test drive them both and imagine yourself "in the boat" along with your other decision maker. Good luck with this challenge ;)

12meter joe 09-02-2014 08:30 PM

It's like this. 60mph or 90mph. Dudes or skanks.

That should get this one off the ground :party-smiley-048:

Back4More 09-02-2014 08:34 PM

Handling, ride, and speed would be Fountain.
Elbow room with a few guests or an overnight would be Baja.

tbirdusa 09-02-2014 08:37 PM

How Darr you compare the two.

Indy 09-02-2014 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tbirdusa (Post 4181960)
How Darr you compare the two.

Good job!