Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat >

BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Notices

BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Old 08-27-2002, 05:53 PM
ssherman

Kilo Congrats on a good show That boat looks solid.

On a more concerned note...Anyone anchored out watching the event on Sunday undoubtly seen the 57 Carver Called "Living Large" leave at about 4:30 pm before the no wake restriction was lifted (everyone must have seen it because the announcer at Shooters was talking about it) This Idiot pulled out on to the coarse about 100yds prior to the finish and nailed it producing about a 6 foot roller for all the spectator boats...I can only imagine the damge to the boats, Gel coat, ripped out cleats etc. I have some info for you

The boat: 57 carver voyager (1 or 2 years old)
Owner: Randall B. Kent
Mooring: unsure but possibly village marine
Phone number: 913-897-5600 or 816-697-4080
Home: Grain Valley, MO

Old 08-27-2002, 05:58 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FunHome - Thanks for the kind comments. I'm sure everyone on this board has their preferences and that is what is so great about an event such as the ShootOut. I for one enjoyed watching all of the boats compete - including the twin 300 hp 26' pontoon boat flying through the air after hitting one of Saturday's rollers. That must have been quite a landing!!!

As fas as Sunday is concerned, I throttled and Steve Wallace of Advanced Marine drove. I'd have to say he is a pretty brave guy - wouldn't you agree? HaHa
Old 08-27-2002, 06:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Kilocat,
Congrats on your showing this weekend!
Just curious, I went to your website and it states that your Skater weighs 8,500 lbs.? Is that a dry weight?

http://www.nautiboats.com/Offshore%20Race%20Team.htm

MD

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 08-27-2002 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:03 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Troutly - you heard correct in the interview. I tried a different setup and experienced a six percent increase in prop slip. But hey, I'm sure everyone else wishes they had a few things that they could have changed as well.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Dave Scott and John Tomlinson in the Bacardi boat and Dave Callan and John Cosker in the Callan boat should be congratulated on the way they ran their boats "in the true spirit of the Lake Challenge". Two boats who both wanted to win and were a blast to watch run the course.

It was fun to see two boats built with totally different philosophies within a few miles an hour of each other.
THAT is the spirit of the Lake Challenge.

Going into Sunday no one knew what the outcome was going to be. Too close to call. That is good racing and great entertainment. You didn't want to leave because you didn't know who was going to capture the Top Gun trophy.
THAT is the spirit of the Lake Challenge.

IMHO changing the Bud Hydroplane from Exhibition class to a competitor on SUNDAY for the sole purpose of denying either Bacardi the chance to retain the crown or Callan take it and Bacardi get it back next year ruined the intent of the event.

Next year the rules should eliminate hydroplanes just as they were written to eliminate drag boats. The have plenty of races for them. In the long run the volunteers and the spectators are the ones that got screwed.

-S
Old 08-27-2002, 06:05 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Dean Ferry - those figures are Pete's. I was as shocked as anyone else when we started weighing in while craning for the APBA events. By the way, these certified scales are highly visible to the public at any APBA sanctioned event.

Last edited by KiloKat; 08-27-2002 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Dave Scott, you still have the fastest piston boat, but in top gun Team Callan you get my vote i will invite ken Warby next year, that miss bud boat want have a chance in hell on beating him, hey anything goes right budweiser

Last edited by H2Xmark; 08-27-2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:00 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you really want to get back at Bernie Little and the Bud crew, tell them you're bringing a hydro to next year's ShootOut...........and that Chip Hanauer is going to drive it.

Both Bernie and Vilwock will poop purple Twinkies. Chip scares them. A lot. And he should.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:48 AM
jb
Registered

GDFATHA,, I think(hope) we all know that Bernie owns miss bud, I took it that some were taking a little creative penmanship to add a little humor. Thanks for listing the facts.

Maybe Miss Bud never competed because it was always unfair and no others had a chance to win. When he saw some viable competition they said " hey lets enter" and make this a competition.

Deep down I personally would like to see all turbines, hydros and whatever else is similiar be exhibition. They would still come and have their own bragging rights. Give them appearance fees.
Keep the top gun for the others.

Is there a class for cruisers???
Old 08-28-2002, 09:03 AM
Mrs 283Check

Thumbs up

Originally posted by speedster
Dave Scott and John Tomlinson in the Bacardi boat and Dave Callan and John Cosker in the Callan boat should be congratulated on the way they ran their boats "in the true spirit of the Lake Challenge". Two boats who both wanted to win and were a blast to watch run the course.-S
I completely agree! It was great to watch both of you run and it was an interesting competition for the Top Gun title until Miss Bud came into the picture.

Quick Reply: BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.