Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   today's the last day of camaro/firebird production (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31758-todays-last-day-camaro-firebird-production.html)

Advantage_Rob 08-27-2002 11:02 AM

today's the last day of camaro/firebird production

Just an intresting note off of the GMonline site I read just now. I know I have alot of good memories of the camaro's I have owned, as do alot of you I'm sure, and I really enjoyed watching all of the original body style f cars cruising at the woodward cruise two weekend's ago... here's the official word:(

PRODUCTION OF CAMARO AND FIREBIRD CONCLUDES TODAY .... This morning marks the end of an era for high-performance sports car enthusiasts. Workers at the Ste. Therese, Quebec plant will build the last Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird before the end of the day.

Since the vehicles first appeared on streets in 1967, more than 4,750,000 Camaros and 2,600,000 Firebirds were produced. For the 2002 model year, GM celebrated the 35th anniversary of both cars with special limited editions.

Iggy 08-27-2002 11:23 AM

It really is the end of an era.
Too bad.
I had a '67 plain-jane Camaro and a '68 RS convertible.
Good friend of mine had a '68 SS 350. It was one quick car, for it's day.
I read that GM may resurrect the Camaro later with a whole new design. Like the did with the MonteCarlo and Malibu.

Sydwayz 08-27-2002 11:32 AM

Far and away, my favorite car; my 1987 Trans AM, 5.7. One of the first off the line with the 350 back into the F-body. It was such a dark blue, that every ticket I got said "Black Trans Am." I shoot myself for selling it. It was a Wednesday car, a true rocket.

:( :( :(

I will truly miss the F-Body; especially the Trans Am.

32fever 08-27-2002 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Far and away, my favorite car; my 1987 Trans AM, 5.7. One of the first off the line with the 350 back into the F-body. It was such a dark blue, that every ticket I got said "Black Trans Am." I shoot myself for selling it. It was a Wednesday car, a true rocket.

:( :( :(

I will truly miss the F-Body; especially the Trans Am.

I hear ya Sydwayz...except I didn't sell my 87 Iroc:) Don't drive it anymore though. These boats take up too much time.

Sure is a sad day to see the production ending. Guess we'll all have to go buy Mustangs. :)

Phknlwyr 08-27-2002 12:38 PM

I'm surprised New Jersey is not having an official day of mourning for this occasion! :D

tanned fat looks better 08-27-2002 12:47 PM

Well atleast there are still alot of old ones for Raider Fans to drive:D :D

thunderdan 08-27-2002 12:51 PM

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
I'm surprised New Jersey is not having an official day of mourning for this occasion! :D
We are....;) :D

Cord 08-27-2002 01:06 PM

Let us hang our heads in a moment of silence. :(

Jayl13 08-27-2002 02:04 PM

I can hear my Ram Air gaining value every minute now

CNN said by end of december 2002 all camaro and firebird prices will be up 20% across the board no matter what year, make and model you own

CHA CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been suffering driving my 4 thousand dollar pickup truck pig of a vehicle everyday to keep ALL miles off the TA.
My baby is sitting in the garage all snug in the corner

Cant wait until 5 years or so down the road, pull her out and go for a sunday drive and maybe a car show
and go whip some ricers in the ass !!!
Who would have ever thought that a Trans Am would actually appreciate in $$$$
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jason

Sydwayz 08-27-2002 02:20 PM

LOL Phknlwyr!!! THAT was funny!!
:D :D :D

A few months ago, before we split, I helped my ex buy an IROC on e-bay. She found a 1988 all original, unmolested, t-tops, 35K mile, 350/700R4. It is in her garage, making money. It is one sweet ride.