Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you from Callan Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31790-thank-you-callan-marine.html)

MnFastBoat 08-27-2002 07:32 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
jc,

As for the Shootout. I think in the hearts and minds of many people there, you are the true Top Gun . After thinking about it for the last couple days, something about the Miss Bud running in a competition run just doesn't sit right. Maybe it is the fact it has always been run as an exhibition, then it suddenly wants to compete when someone steps up and dethrones the 'home town boy' so to speak. It seems David Scott played it fair and square. I just don't like how Villwock and his boss played it. If it was announced well in advance, maybe I'd feel differently. Just seems kinda sneaky...

As for next year, please come back. It is for a great cause, not only for the fire/rescue teams, but performance boating in general. I know it takes a lot of $$$ to travel and run with a beast like that. Heck, maybe Miller will step up and sponsor ya :)

I second Troutly in this.
YOU are the top gun
You brought out 2 boats!! AWESOME Boats to say the least
I fully enjoyed observing them both from the dock and especially the runs on the Cat. Unfortunatly i missed the running of the V.
Being a Cat owner myself I truly enjoyed the sound, or lack of :), and the true performance of hte Cat. But I truly am saddened on not seeing hte V run :(
I first seen the V down at the Worlds in St. Pete a couple years ago. Truly awesome boat. Would loved to have seen it run.

I would like to speak from all that were there, we would LOVE to have you back next year.
Most agree that the last minute entering of the Miss Bud Hydro was just not right.
Especially for those of us that was waiting in line on sunday to do our runs. They could not be any faster. I seen Miss B run 3 times while waiting. :(
Until Next year :)

hpbigblock 08-27-2002 07:51 PM

If the truth where to be known it would come down to the fact that you de-throned the defending champion Dave Scott. but you guys also put it to one of the largest sponsers of the shootout.
I am shure that the guys from budweiser could not let that happen, but we all know who really took top honors now
don't we. you guys rock!!!!!
Looking forward to next year

thanks for the thrill.:D

CHOPPER

SteveDavid 08-27-2002 10:28 PM

OK,

To help set things right, we'll go ahead and beat the Bud at our final Unlimited race of the year in San Diego the weekend of September 20th. That way, Callan will indeed be the LOTO Top Gun and the Bud, well it was just a, hummmm, have to be nice here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OK, it was a freak of nature, no that's not very kind either:) Give me a couple of years to think of something more pleasant say about it:eek: :eek:

In the meantime, please send your collective good wishes to the U-6 O Boy! O Berto and with the combined energy of you guys and our crew, we'll knock the Red guys for a loop:D

Steve David
U-6 O Boy! O Oberto

Tbonepmp 08-28-2002 01:03 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
jc,

My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing the boat run a lot during the five days we were down there. I can't say enough how cool it was to watch and listen to it run. Thank you :) .

As for the Shootout. I think in the hearts and minds of many people there, you are the true Top Gun . After thinking about it for the last couple days, something about the Miss Bud running in a competition run just doesn't sit right. Maybe it is the fact it has always been run as an exhibition, then it suddenly wants to compete when someone steps up and dethrones the 'home town boy' so to speak. It seems David Scott played it fair and square. I just don't like how Villwock and his boss played it. If it was announced well in advance, maybe I'd feel differently. Just seems kinda sneaky...

As for next year, please come back. It is for a great cause, not only for the fire/rescue teams, but performance boating in general. I know it takes a lot of $$$ to travel and run with a beast like that. Heck, maybe Miller will step up and sponsor ya :)

I AGREE WITH TROUTLY ON THIS ONE...
IT WAS NICE TO SEE SUCH EXOTIC BOATS IN PERSON, I HAVE TO TELL YA; I ALWAYS SAW YOUR ADS IN POWERBOAT AND I WAS LIKE YEAH RIGHT..... NOW I AM A TRUE BELIEVER AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE INFO. PUBLISHED AND MARKETING DONE BY YOU GUYS.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Miami 08-28-2002 07:36 AM

Steve D. - Be Fast, Be Safe ..... Good Luck and go get them!

SummerObsession 08-28-2002 08:33 AM

MarinePerformance:
While I didn't get a chance to visit with you guys on the docks, you seemed to truly enjoy the people and the fans. You are a class act. Obviously Miss Bud and her crew have forgotten about the people who make their little venture possible...the fans!
YOU are the true TOP GUNS and don't let anyone tell you any different!
SteveDavid: I have always love the Oh boy! Oberto boat, and now more than ever, I hope you kick Miss Bud's ass!!:D :D :eek: :D

BROWNIE 08-28-2002 08:40 AM

John, John, Dave, Chris, et al....

YOU GO, BOYS!

Dean Ferry 08-28-2002 10:16 AM

JC,
Well said, and I, for one, can testify that EVERYONE I have meet at Callan Marine and/or Marine Performance, are ALL CLASS ACT guys and gals!:D
Little History here,
John Cosker and I have been best of friends for many years. John was the one and only engineer for Rolla Propellers here in the US, straight out of FIT. John Cosker then worked with the late/great Tom Gentry, Fabio Buzzi, John Conner as a naval designer and race team crew member. I've seen alot of John's designs, and he is not afraid to try something new/innovative in order to push the envelope. Cosker, gave me the Boat ride of my life, 4 years ago out in the Atlantic, and I'm still not right from it!!:D
When JC joined forces with John Pompi , (owner of Marine Performance), the Ultra Hi-Perf. Boating's "Dream Team" was started! John Pompi worked/learned from the legend, Don Aronow @ Cigarette, John Pompi started working with Don Aronow @ the age of 15, and Pompi rigged the very 1st 3-engine Cigarette. John Pompi left Aronow/Cig. at the ripe old age of 19, and started Marine Performance. JP has done a bunch of work for Mark McMannus, Apaches, Skaters, MTI Cats, OL, etc. and Magnum Marine! Marine Performance also works very closely with Keith Eickert, and probobly rig 75 % of KE engines. Enough said about Mr. Pompi and Marine Performance!
THEN along comes Mr. David Callen and his "Ludicrous" need for speed, and Callan Marine was born! Mr. Callan is a highly successful businessman whose personal "Drive" is reflected in the Boat projects that he builds, and Dave is a very personal individual. I think these 3 individuals/organizations are going to re-define what Ultra High-Performance Powerboating means. As an engineer myself, I find their projects incredibly interesting, espeically in what they are trying to accomplish, and their level of committment to their projects is impressive!!
I am also a customer of Marine Performance and they re-rigged my 280 Velocity 1.5 years/80 hrs ago, and I couldn't be happier with my boat! Buddy and Don are learning FAST from Pompi, it is shows in their quality of work!

If you don't believe me, Ask Tonto about Marine Performance?

DC, JC, JP, Buddy, Don, Steve and the rest of the crew, CONGRATULATIONS on our VICTORIES this past weekend. I think everybody here knows who the TRUE TOP GUN is!
Dean

JC,
BTW, don't forget my Raw water pump rebuild kit when you, Robin, and the girls come down for the party on Sunday. I'm going to have some ICE COLD Heinikens for us to celebrate your efforts from this past weekend!:cool: JC, Repeat after me "TIKI, TIKI, TIKI"!:cool:
MD:D

Bill 3 08-28-2002 12:03 PM

As Troutly said, and i will say it again

You Are Number One, Well Done!

Reindl Powerboats 08-28-2002 03:10 PM

Congrats guys, wish we could have been there to see it.

Good Luck Steve!!