Manufacturer bashing on OSO >

Manufacturer bashing on OSO

Notices

Manufacturer bashing on OSO

Old 08-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Manufacturer bashing on OSO

A recent thread was started by a new member (joined 8/18). His first post (8/21) heavily bashed a boat manufacturer. Some of the controversy in this heated thread revolved around posting etiquette (posting in caps, not monitoring his post, lack of information etc...).

I am not the posting etiquette police, in fact I am just an amateur, but even that post was getting irritating to me. And if you are going to fire off a heated post like manufacturer bashing shouldn't you know what you are doing?

It appears on the surface that he joined OSO for the sole purpose of bashing this manufacturer in a public forum. Even if he did not join for the sole purpose of bashing this manufacturer is it ok for him to bash a manufacturer on his first post?

What do you think?
Old 08-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

You must be referring to ROCK STAR's thread about HTM. You are correct with most of your points. Things like this usually take care of themselves, and he won't last long on this Board.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:03 PM
Registered

Yes I am, and I think you are right about him
Old 08-27-2002, 02:14 PM
maxthunder

I too am new to the board, and from a manufacturer point, I applaude what you are saying. I have had customers back out of contracts, and I have the legal right to retain the deposit, but unless the boat has begun, I return all monies to the customer. I dont know the whole case between customer and HTM but there are always two sides...any way thanks for your comments.

Old 08-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

The way I see it, there are a few rules or guidelines that need to be followed:
  • Must be personal experience - none of this "MY BROTHER'S FRIEND'S 2ND COUSIN'S NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR 3 HOUSES DOWN GOT SCREWED BY WANKERCRAFT!!!! NEVER DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS THEY'LL JUST RIP YOU OFF THEY'RE ALL SCUMBAGS!!!!!!"
  • Detailed information please. "WankerCraft took my deposit on a new 2002 PenisExtender 5000. It was supposed to be delivered in June, and now it's August and I have no boat. I've contacted WankerCraft 10 times over the past 2 months and they won't return my calls!"
  • NO CAPS - WE CAN HEAR YOU FINE!!!!!!
  • If you want the board's help, it would help if you made a specific request or had a potential solution in mind. "My PenisExtender 5000 has triple 2500 hp Super Gazonga motors in it, but I'm only seeing 45 mph. WankerCraft says it's a problem with the motors, but the Super Gazonga people tell me everything is fine! Has anyone dealt with a similar situation, and how did you resolve it?"
  • There is always 2 sides to every story (at least!)

I don't particularly mind when a newbie posts a problem right off the bat - after all, that's what this forum is for, the exchange of information. But, just registering to say XYZ manufacturer is a bunch of slimebags and crooks is not adding to the collective knowledge here.

For a good example of how to handle a manufacturer problem, look at the guy that had problems with his 42 Fountain (sorry, can't remember who it was). He was hot at first - as any of us would be, I think - but after the details came out, he was able to get some help on his problem, and some *ahem* interesting information came out about a certain manufacturer.

As always, YMMV....
Old 08-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by dockrocker
The way I see it, there are a few rules or guidelines that need to be followed:
  • Must be personal experience - none of this "MY BROTHER'S FRIEND'S 2ND COUSIN'S NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR 3 HOUSES DOWN GOT SCREWED BY WANKERCRAFT!!!! NEVER DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS THEY'LL JUST RIP YOU OFF THEY'RE ALL SCUMBAGS!!!!!!"
  • Detailed information please. "WankerCraft took my deposit on a new 2002 PenisExtender 5000. It was supposed to be delivered in June, and now it's August and I have no boat. I've contacted WankerCraft 10 times over the past 2 months and they won't return my calls!"
  • NO CAPS - WE CAN HEAR YOU FINE!!!!!!
  • If you want the board's help, it would help if you made a specific request or had a potential solution in mind. "My PenisExtender 5000 has triple 2500 hp Super Gazonga motors in it, but I'm only seeing 45 mph. WankerCraft says it's a problem with the motors, but the Super Gazonga people tell me everything is fine! Has anyone dealt with a similar situation, and how did you resolve it?"
  • There is always 2 sides to every story (at least!)

I don't particularly mind when a newbie posts a problem right off the bat - after all, that's what this forum is for, the exchange of information. But, just registering to say XYZ manufacturer is a bunch of slimebags and crooks is not adding to the collective knowledge here.

For a good example of how to handle a manufacturer problem, look at the guy that had problems with his 42 Fountain (sorry, can't remember who it was). He was hot at first - as any of us would be, I think - but after the details came out, he was able to get some help on his problem, and some *ahem* interesting information came out about a certain manufacturer.

As always, YMMV....

VERY WELL SAID...........WHATS WRONG WITH CAPS
Old 08-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that bashing the manufacturer on his first post makes most people a little suspect with regards to his motives.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Actually he has posted the same thing in the past and has also done it on other boards. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This kind of stuff happens all the time. You just have to aware of whats going on. Everytime it happens one of the old respected members usually tears the guy up. Its not hard to see the real trouble makers. Its our duty to self police our board and make sure this does not become a place to bash someone unfairly. After we get through with em they usually leave with their tail tucked between their legs.

Ron
Old 08-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

DockRocker
All points very well put.

If the majority opinion was that he just joined to bash, does anyone think OSO should strip the thread and kick him off the board?

Quick Reply: Manufacturer bashing on OSO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.