Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport >

Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Notices

Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Old 09-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the boat was going 80.... They went the same speed and hopped from one boat to the next? I want a vid of this!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

You guys really need to think these names through. They look cool until something like this happens.
Notice the name?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
This is the same boat that ran into the back of a CC docking during an FPBC event a couple years ago(Key West I believe). Sharkey had some great pictures of it.
Maybe it's time to think things thru and trade in the ol cig for something a bit more tame and get some seat time.......
Old 09-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This kid really got lucky, sure everyone went for a cold swim but the boat stayed upright and was "corralled" by Seatow.......maybe a couple rash/scuff marks on the side they got aboard but other than a bruised ego.....no damages!
Don't know this for certain, but from what I've heard, it was a driver with little talent getting egged on by his buddies.. This could have been a disaster. Bunch of guys from the same family could have all been killed, not to mention other boaters in the vicinity who might have gotten hit by the stray boat. They're all lucky, but the sad part is, you wonder if any lessons will be learned by the driver / owner as a result.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Was it a Big Fat Greek Wedding?
Spray some Windex on it, that fixes everything!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

... AND be certain not run out of talent halfway through your performance.
Funny, my girlfriend told me the same thing the other night ......
Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
This is the same boat that ran into the back of a CC docking during an FPBC event a couple years ago(Key West I believe). Sharkey had some great pictures of it.
Yes it was... they were not part of the run either, they ran down with the group from Miami.

That happened at the Gilbert's Lunch Stop on the KW Run, Thursday trip down IIRC. It ended up between two boats and pushed the outboards apart, snapping a stern line and creating some bruises, ego and fiberglass.

Same boat then?
YEP!!

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
You guys really need to think these names through. They look cool until something like this happens.
Notice the name?

My buddy bought the boat from a NASCAR guy in NC some years ago, and the name was on it when he bought it, sold it to CT and they left name on it apparently. as far as the Fountain in the picture above, happened across the Bay from my house, bad night leaving a new dock bar, several markers getting you out of channel, just missed the last one!!

Last edited by Spicy; 09-17-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
So the boat was going 80.... They went the same speed and hopped from one boat to the next? I want a vid of this!!!
I suspect it was slowed down significantly after the spin.......maybe idling in circles.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 291 Likes on 138 Posts

The BS flying around here is pretty comical. The incident at Gilbert's, which was years ago now, was the first time he took the boat out, and it was the first boat he had ever operated a boat. Fast forward a couple of years to this week and he has most likely logged a couple hundred hours seat time in that specific boat. I've seen him run the boat and he is perfectly capable of operating it.

None of the big name drivers out there, with thousands of hours behind the wheel have ever spun a boat out right???
Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport

None of the big name drivers out there, with thousands of hours behind the wheel have ever spun a boat out right???

well sure . . . but they all had better excuses. On the internet its not possible to over come your past . . . even if it never happened
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 09-17-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.