Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport >

Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Notices

Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport

Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
When the boat hops and high sides in a turn ejecting the passengers, it does slow significantly. It hits the rev limiter and knocks itself back to idle, rev limiter and back to idle. It's also scary as chit the first time it circles around coming back at you after you just hit the water at speed. I was a passenger on a TS Gun in a similar incident with 6 guys on board. In both cases everyone was luck they didn't hit each other or the boat on the way out of it. The boat should be perfectly fine after this spin.
Another cig with six dudes getting "tossed" Seems to be a pattern here.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
That's because dudes like to go fast. Only 1 out of 3 girls like to go fast. So, if you have 3 dudes and 3 girls on the boat, odds are at least 1 girl will be bitc*ing to slow down.

Which isn't always a bad thing. LOL
Old 09-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Stepped hulls in general
Old 09-19-2014, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Our spin was caused because he had the drives tucked in the turn like you would in a non stepped V. We were in flat water in a cove.
Lets do a Bat Turn!
Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529760[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails Soooooo who was it? Tossed out of boat in greenport-untitled.png  
Old 09-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
The BS flying around here is pretty comical. The incident at Gilbert's, which was years ago now, was the first time he took the boat out, and it was the first boat he had ever operated a boat. Fast forward a couple of years to this week and he has most likely logged a couple hundred hours seat time in that specific boat. I've seen him run the boat and he is perfectly capable of operating it.
The only thing comical is you sticking up for what sounds like a moron with more money than brains. First time having ANY boat out and it's a 38' TG? During the KW run? lmao
Old 09-20-2014, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
This is why I don't let my son drive my boat, you've got a have years of experience to drive a performance powerboat at high speeds, glad everyone was OK.
How old is your son ? Go out with give him some seat time, and proper instruction on how to get on plane, how to drive straight with trim and tab influences on the ride and angles of attack, then how to make turns at reasonable speed, then how to drive the boat at wide open throttle at safe trim levels going straight - water and boat traffic conditions permitting. I had a 10' boat with an old-ass 5.5 Evinrude at age seven, that was my first go it alone boat., before the 13' and 15' Boston Whalers, then an 18 Donzi that I had when in college.

At age 16 I was driving my father's Pantera wide open and before that his 74 mph 20' Cigarette, he had no concern about me crashing, his concerns were just about me trashing his motor (running too hard for too long a period of time), breaking a drive or prop.

Now if your son wants his father's boat (your boat) to go out all alone, then it is surely a judgment call. You know your son best. Teach him, you may be surprised, or you may not. My $.02 opinion. We all have to learn sometime

PS The Cigarette crash, sh*t happens, learn form your mistake, fortunately no one was injured, hard to stop youth's indiscretions, "but for the Grace of God there go I," so I keep a reserved tongue for the young man who crashed.

Last edited by Smarty; 09-20-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy

My buddy bought the boat from a NASCAR guy in NC some years ago, and the name was on it when he bought it, sold it to CT and they left name on it apparently. as far as the Fountain in the picture above, happened across the Bay from my house, bad night leaving a new dock bar, several markers getting you out of channel, just missed the last one!!

I'm sorry if this sounds argumentative, bit it looks to me like he didn't miss that marker.