Notices

Hydro Hoist Advice

Old 09-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydro Hoist Advice

I inadvertently acquired a hyrdro hoist and I'm not certain the best path, so wanted advice from prior owners.

I do not have a slip at this point, and having trouble finding someone that can even move or haul it out. The toons are about 45' long so it's not something that will easily fit on a trailer and limits me to a 45' slip if I do purchase one.

It sounds like most keep in the water for the winter and pulls lines out of the water, which I could do if I had the slip to put it in.

So, would people advise to hold on to it and just purchase a slip, or keep trailering and fire sale this thing on Craigslist. What has been your experience with them?

I'm just thinking cheap and slips/lifts/assoc fees are added expenses that I'm not sure I'd want for 3 months of boating.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Registered

Hi 32fever,

First of all, I didn't think hydro-hoist had a lift with toons that are 45' long, I thought their longest was 28'. Most people with docks just leave the toons up high enough so the metal attached to the toons is out of the water during the non-boating months. I would only keep the lift if it was in the range of lift capacity and size I was looking for. I would look to the future and determine the max length of boat you see yourself obtaining, then build the dock to accommodate it, keeping in mind the width required for a lift, and then purchase the lift. If this current lift satisfies the criteria, then keep it. A lift is sure nice when dealing with a boat of the size you are referring to....
Old 09-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

It was a pain in the but for me !!!! Mine was in salt water in NJ and there for the strapping and metal parts do rot. I had to give mine away just to get rid of it. IMO if you want a lift get a permanent one if you can in your application.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is 45ft long that is a 30-40,000lb lift,,
in working shape you can probably sell that for over 15k.in a heartbeat..
I would sell and buy one that fits your boat for 1/2 the price.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

This lift does fit my boat. So I can use it as is.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

You can Never have to much Lift- That's why mine is 18K . Always room for More Boat!