Notices

P-29 Gunsmoke Boat

Old 08-28-2002, 09:01 AM
AZDominator

Default P-29 Gunsmoke Boat

Does anyone on this board know any history about the 32' triple outboard Skater P-29 Gunsmoke boat? A friend of mine is looking at buying this boat and any information would be appreciated. We were at the LOTO shootout last weekend (Thursday thru Monday) and after looking at ALL the boats the 32 with triples is what he has filtered it all down too. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-28-2002, 01:15 PM
AZDominator

Default P-17 not P-29

The correct numbers are P-17 not P-29 (if it matters to anyone) still the Gunsmoke boat.

Old 08-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this boat VERY WELL. It used to be the Black Duck. Then bought by Al Rullo and raced as STYLIN' in the P class for quite some time. Then it was sold to a guy named Angelo, not sure of his last name and re-named it Gunsmoke. He turned it into a pleasure boat but I believe he never did get a floor in the cockpit. I believe the boat did sink at his dock and I know the motors have been rebuilt and or replaced several times. For the entire time I have known the boat (since 1994) it was on Lake George, NY and run and maintained by Performance Marine in Bolton Landing. They do excellent work and I am sure it has always been maintained by experts. I do not know of ANY structural damage ever done to the boat and it has always been kept in nice shape. If you have any more specific questions please do not hesitate to ask and if I do not know the answer I can surely find it out for you. Back in high school and college I worked at Performace Marine as both a mechanic and general manager and do have some seat time in it testing.. I hope this helps.

Shane
Old 08-28-2002, 02:48 PM
AZDominator

Thanks Shane! From the pictures we've seen I don't think it has a floor either. Looks like new seats and some side storage/padding were added. I might have some questions about the sinking. Thanks again.

Old 08-28-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

No Problem Bud. I think it sank in a horrific hurricane we had. Hurricane Floyd. I believe if I am not mistaken is that the waves just came over teh back continuosly and after awhile teh bilge pumps wore out the battery. It happened to alot of boats that night. Over 200 sank! Aside from that nothing to my knowledge. How much are they asking? I know it wasn't much, last I knew.

Shane
Old 08-28-2002, 06:51 PM
AZDominator

Somewhere around $50,000. How was the fuel pump/lines/tanks and electrical rigging in this boat when you last saw it? It looks like steel braid and AN fittings from the pictures. Any bad handling traits when you were in the seat? Is this setup a 90mph boat or will it run 100's?

Old 08-29-2002, 07:54 AM
Registered

It has been a while since I saw the inside of the boat. It was used on Lake George, NY where I live when it wasn't racing. It has not been raced in a long time. The rigging was really neat and clean last I saw it. I do not know if anything has changed. I would say that the last time I saw the inside was probably...summer of '00 or '01. Not really sure.

As far as handling flaws...none that know of. I have not drivenit since 1994!

I would call Performance Marine and ask for Rick or Jason and they should be able to give you the full low down. 518-644-3080.

Best of luck.

Shane