Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are there anymore performance boaters on Charlotte harbor FL. >

Are there anymore performance boaters on Charlotte harbor FL.

Notices

Are there anymore performance boaters on Charlotte harbor FL.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there anymore performance boaters on Charlotte harbor FL.

Are there anymore performance boaters on Charlotte harbor FL. It seems like its just Rick with the OL. Mario with his Baja and me with my Phantom.
Going back out today to try another set of props.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We are in Charlotte Harbor. Burnt store isles to be exact. Have a 38 Formula that is currently in the middle of an overhaul and a 43 Donzi
Old 10-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

we all ran down to one of Bobs run,s in Fort Myers together a few years back. I was running the 38 fountain.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen a couple on Charlotte Harbor, their is a Magic that is white with purple flames on the bow running around. Saw it in Matlacha Pass, and at Tarpon Point. My friend John Olivo has 30 Spectra cat with 500 efi's he runs around Ft. Myers Beach a lot mostly on the weekends. Also saw a 24 or 25 Outlaw at the Boat House getting fuel. Not a lot but some none the less.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Registered

Im talking Charlotte Harbor 40 miles from FM.Beach. There are a bunch down there.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:30 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking to buy a 2nd home in Punta Gorda, Burnt Shore isles - how is the boating there - lots of restaurants on the water etc? Any tips on specific areas to look?
Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Cant be one than one Mario with a 29 Baja from Charlotte Harbor. Drove 28 st hours(round trip) to buy a 28zx donzi from him, wasnt what we wanted and really felt bad about being a tire kicker. Nice guy--talk about shtty weather that weekend, raining like hell and he still wanted to go dunk it in the water for a spin.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

We are in punta gorda 30 skater 711 get down in the winter sporadic nice area
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Registered

dcb- There is Harpoon Harry's where we hang out and Burnt store marina but that's it as far as the harbor goes. It is quiet boring for a perf. boater. When I lived in Fort Myers there was always someone around to run with. My brother lives in Sarasota and there are way more places to go.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom

I live in South gulf cove on the northwest side of the harbor, usually put in at Eldreds bu the Boca grande bridge, then typically run north. You are correct about charlotte harbor only restaurant on it is HH or burnt store , we have about a dozen little bars and restaurants on the water here all the way up to South Venice. I would show you myself personally but blew a head gasket last week, so going to put together 2 598s for the spring. Punta Gorda while very appealing in nature to a lot of people,it seems to have become a haven for extremely old people as of the past few years. I have lived here for 15 years now, very involved in the county administration, rotary, etc. also Punta Gorda really has there nose bent out of shape since the Boat Races were hosted on Englewood beach this past spring.

Just my 2 cents but I do a lot of boating in there area, typically 150 to 200 hrs a year, best time is the summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.