Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody seen this 33 donzi around

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/boa/4695631055.html
Looks like a deal.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like one that was FS a few months ago, mid Atlantic area IIRC. I was trying to get a friend to buy it, it looked like the best deal on the market at the time, it still does! I think it needed a flywheel which was included with the sale. My guess is someone bought it and fixed it to flip. If the boat checks out in person, I don't see how you could go wrong at that price... but I'd check it over well before pulling the trigger.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I would approach with caution..... Price it too low. But if your hand with a wrench, you might be able to have a couple things wrong/broken and save $$$$$$.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 92nsx
I would approach with caution..... Price it too low. But if your hand with a wrench, you might be able to have a couple things wrong/broken and save $$$$$$.
Or it's not in Chicago....it's somewhere else with the owner out of the country, and with a small down payment they can hold it for you, or send you a LARGE check and you sent them the remainder before they ship, or send the money to some overseas account, etc. etc. The Craigslist here in Texas is eat up with scams. Call and tell them you want to come out and SEE the boat in person, and see what happens. Could be legit. Just go into it with open eyes to scams.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

I think the one that you are talking about with the flywheel was a different one( if I remember it had some purple on it, but could be wrong).
Old 10-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CDShack
Or it's not in Chicago....it's somewhere else with the owner out of the country, and with a small down payment they can hold it for you, or send you a LARGE check and you sent them the remainder before they ship, or send the money to some overseas account, etc. etc. The Craigslist here in Texas is eat up with scams. Call and tell them you want to come out and SEE the boat in person, and see what happens. Could be legit. Just go into it with open eyes to scams.
Yep, that is kind of what I am wondering. Price does seem too good although I have seen another needing some work for the same. The pictures that are in the ad have me thinking it could be a scam, but condition, yr and motivation could be a reason. Was hoping that someone has seen the boat and says it didn't look that bad, which would give me an idea that they could be bought on occasion for that price.

For now I can't go that big till I decide to get a bigger tow vehicle. For someone who has one and is looking for a donzi, hope they check this one out and post opinions, or if its a scam.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No phone number listed and email only makes me wonder. I sent an email I'll update when they respond but to me it smells fishy.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The guy emailed me back with a phone number. I called him this morning just to verify and talked to the guy, seems legit. Says he's showing showings for this weekend. That's the best deal on the market in my opinion. Says it's needs nothing. If it checks out its a heck of a deal. Here's the number if anyone needs it 847-630-0416