Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015 >

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Notices

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
George this is just the start, its going to get comical.
I wonder how much of the $74.95 corporation filing fee the secret drink company sponsored.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
So let me get this straight...this new org makes a big press release, but doesn't have much details other than it'll be run "better", "like Nascar", and this "professional" new org has no website, no FB page, or any social media set up. Google searches return zip. And the supposed backers are super secret, and can't be revealed. And a "drink company" is going to sponsor all this smoke and mirrors? Then Steve Curtis accidentally fails to mention that he's the president of the LLC. Then once he's outed, he says "whoops" and resigns?

Doesn't sound like too much of a sure thing, does it?

Sounds like modern boat racing to me........
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
I wonder how much of the $74.95 corporation filing fee the secret drink company sponsored.
Actually they were secretly drinking $74.95 of cheap booze and came up with the idea for a secret company that could be sponsored. Now they just feel quisey, have bad headaches and the light hurts their eyes as the hangover has set in.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Someone was nice enough to email me some additional info. The web site is www.offshorepowerboatgp.com. Takes a lot of balls to take photos from SBI races and use them to promote your own competing race series. Not sure some of those teams shown on the new site want to be connected to this new group.

Two questions remain. Who put up the money to pay Jason's salary? Is Lucy Nicandri - Sarasota race producer - also on the payroll of this new group? I know she was the one helping to arrange for boats to go to Qatar this winter. She seems a little too involved....to have an objective opinion...if you know what I mean.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Ah, the silly season is here....and Key West didn't even happen yet.

Frank, don't tell me that you and I agree on something. Damn, it's cold in hell these days.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Mike A.....let it out.......
Old 10-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a plan for someone to try and destroy racing in the USA? Similar to what almost happen when they raced on the other side of the pond. Makes u go hummmmmm.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What makes me go Hummm is the whole Sarasota thing. I mean...SBI has had something like 30+ years of running successful events in Sarasota with usually their biggest or second biggest boat count of the year. Its only second to Key West.... EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. So....why would the Suncoast charity flip from SBI over to an unknown association that has no history of running races and no history of bringing boats to a race. What am I missing?

I'm also not seeing what's new and special about this "New" business model. OPA and SBI offer testing on Saturday. And speaking for OPA - we use the order of the last race finishing order to determine the starting grid. At the first race, we draw cards. So were is the big bang? Is someone going to drag more money out of the race producers in order to put in grander events? We could do that now....it's hard enough to come up with money for bare bones essentials. Is the association going to put up the extra money? Are the racers going to pay additional entry fees to support this effort? At OPA we found it best to have NO ENTRY FEES as a way to get racers on the race course and reduce their burden.

At least OSS was formed by 40 race teams that promised to attend the races. So what am I missing? Why would Sarasota make the switch?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone sold the board " a pipe dream" that could never truly happen. Very sad for one of the premier race sites in the country and such a great cause. All the effort could of been used in a positive direction....Kevin Brown was a great person, and a left a great legacy for that city and fond memories for many racers...very sad

Ron your not missing anything

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-14-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any retractions coming out today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.