Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Darr for sure trying to stir trouble.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Yep, started by a 1 post wonder as usual!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Does he have a chain I can jerk?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
So you never ask about something before you buy it ?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Message received loud and clear, "New people are NOT permitted to ask questions nor are they welcome in FPC and OSO". Excuse me for not knowing the secret handshake.

You can keep both.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I've been doing FPC runs for 15 years, and they are always top notch. You get what you pay for with locations and people. Make one phone call and you have hotel, dockage, trailer storage, and whatever else that you are willing to pay for. Nothing is free in this world, and there is an incredible amount of work behind the scenes. Try dealing with as many "A" type personalities on a daily basis as Stu and Jackie do. I know that I couldn't do it.
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Lots of good points made......

I have done probably 30 FPC runs over the years, my 32 Sunsation was often one of the smaller/slower boats but I always had a good time regardless of the cost. One thing I have always appreciated with FPC is they took me boating in places I would have not gone by myself. I have lived in S. Florida for over 35 years, not a lot of places I haven't been but FPC showed me lots of new places I may have never seen or found on my own and given me many cool shots of my boat that I would have never had!

Thanks Stu and Jackie!

That being said, FPC is expensive but as others have said it is a business and when you look at the big picture then the price is usually in line with everything else you did that weekend. My last KWPR was $3500 and I trailered down to Miami (about 100 miles each way), boat burned 200 gallons of fuel and nothing broke! For some of these guys it is a 10-20K weekend (when shipping the boat from out of state, staying in expensive hotels, buying plane tickets etc).

^^ What they said.^^

FPC runs are awesome...and expensive. If you have the money it is well worth it. If you don't have the money.....at least you can get on the internet and bash them. Before people start flaming me for saying the truth, let me say that I don't have the money. I've been fortunate enough to have friends that have invited me to tag along with them on 7 or 8 FPC runs in the past 10 years. It's hard to deny the simple fact that Stu and Jackie provide an awesome service. My wife and I did have our boat already in FL getting the interior done and we did the Miami boat show run two years ago. I've never had a better poker run experience. Our boat at the time was a 1988 and we were welcomed with open arms and treated like the people with newer and more expensive boats by the FPC as well as all of the other participants. No one cared that our boat was old, we all had a blast!!!!! But.... It was a very expensive weekend. $2,000 in fuel and probably another $3000 for the run, slips and hotel rooms. I've retired in the last year, moved to Florida and am currently in the middle of a huge renovation project on our house, but appreciate what Stu and Jackie do for the boating community and Florida tourism and still pay yearly "social" membership dues to help support their cause. I'll do more runs in the future....but unfortunately I can't afford to do them all!!

Craig

Last edited by OldSchool; 10-17-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
^^ What they said.^^

FPC runs are awesome...and expensive. If you have the money it is well worth it. If you don't have the money.....at least you can get on the internet and bash them. Before people start flaming me for saying the truth, let me say that I don't have the money. I've been fortunate enough to have friends that have invited me to tag along with them on 7 or 8 FPC runs in the past 10 years. It's hard to deny the simple fact that Stu and Jackie provide an awesome service. My wife and I did have our boat already in FL getting the interior done and we did the Miami boat show run two years ago. I've never had a better poker run experience. Our boat at the time was a 1988 and we were welcomed with open arms and treated like the people with newer and more expensive boats by the FPC as well as all of the other participants. No one cared that our boat was old, we all had a blast!!!!! But.... It was a very expensive weekend. $2,000 in fuel and probably another $3000 for the run, slips and hotel rooms. I've retired in the last year and am currently in the middle of a huge renovation project on our house, but appreciate what Stu and Jackie do for the boating community and Florida tourism and still pay year "social" membership dues to help support their cause. I'll do more runs in the future....but unfortunately I can't afford to do them all!!

Craig
Who bashed them? I didn't see anyone doing that at all.

People just pointed out points and nothing more.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Who bashed them? I didn't see anyone doing that at all.

People just pointed out points and nothing more.
Not so much on this thread, but threads in the past have gotten ugly. Bad choice of wording on my part. It's cold up north already, give it time!!
Old 10-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Not so much on this thread, but threads in the past have gotten ugly. Bad choice of wording on my part. It's cold up north already, give it time!!
I know what you are saying and I have seen it as well. It is pretty sad. FPC is a good group that put on a great event each time they go out.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:27 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ben B
Message received loud and clear, "New people are NOT permitted to ask questions nor are they welcome in FPC and OSO". Excuse me for not knowing the secret handshake.

You can keep both.
Cant speak for FPC, you are certainly welcome here. There is a certain individual who has become well known for creating numerous new identities and then posting potentially controversial questions. I don't think this is such a case and I for one know a lot more about FPC than I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.