Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds >

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Notices

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Old 10-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The man with the small penis seems to have a lot of help cupping his Balls.... Even if the new org is legit they will try to destoy it....
Old 10-17-2014, 12:28 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

typical powerboat shady and dirty deals.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Chicken crap move by SBI...
Old 10-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the reason the team was "un-invited" by the host organization was that it would impossible to prevent them from promoting their new series while being a guest at the event. While you can eat in a restaurant while building a competing restaurant, you cannot go to the patrons and tell them as they dine why your restaurant will be better. Bill France and Bernie Ecclestone have been more heavy handed than this when dealing with competitors. Concerning rooms we need more so if anyone is cancelling theirs please let me know!
Steve
Old 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I think the reason the team was "un-invited" by the host organization was that it would impossible to prevent them from promoting their new series while being a guest at the event. While you can eat in a restaurant while building a competing restaurant, you cannot go to the patrons and tell them as they dine why your restaurant will be better. Bill France and Bernie Ecclestone have been more heavy handed than this when dealing with competitors. Concerning rooms we need more so if anyone is cancelling theirs please let me know!
Steve
While that may have been SBI's intent I say good intentions & poor execution b/c they are doing more harm to their own credibility than they are fending off what could be the inevitable & that's others electing to go w/ a competing series.

NASCAR allows you to compete in any series you wish as well as their series. Tony Stewart & Kurt Busch are 2 current examples not to mention Gene Haas the majority owner of Stewart Hass Racing has started an F-1 team.

IMO you have to have confidence in your own series not to fear competition. NASCAR nor F-1 have any competition.
Maybe SBI fears the loss of it's strangle hold on offshore powerboat racing & maybe they should be worried. I'd be taking a good hard look at myself & my business model in the mirror & considering what ever changes might be necessary in order to survive & grow rather than threatening to break legs if you infringe on my turf (as a figure of speech).
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

The SBI organization is acting like a bunch of 5 year olds.

You can't play in our sand box anymore because you're trying to build a new and improved one somewhere else.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Reminds me of the CART/ IRL split years ago. Then both put a race on the same weekend,,,,,
Old 10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Registered

Building something is one thing. Interfering with existing long-term business relationship is another. To me when you build something it is a little more original than what has been proposed (many people who have failed at this before with their own agenda's and baggage). Many teams have had their classes changed or eliminated. None have gone to this extant for retribution. While I see fans who are disappointed to see a team that has not regularly raced being eliminated. I have not heard from any teams that are happy with the approach the new group has taken. support among the racer's is virtually non existant at this point. As a long-term F1 fan and former APBA Offshore official I am pretty aware of the sport's limitations and limited marketability. I would welcome someone honestly trying to build something better, but starting by tearing down the sports anchor events is a curious way to start construction. For the record all of the successful motorsport franchises have been run by benevolant dictators.
But what would I know!
Carry on!
Steve
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like SBI's competitors might benefit from the formation of their own RTA (Race Team Alliance) a group that represents the best interests of the competitors, the folks that invest their hard earned $$$ & earn their livings putting on the show.

"For the record all of the successful motorsport franchises have been run by benevolant dictators. " maybe so but I'd say those days are long gone from NASCAR b/c the guy running it now is nothing more than a family name who inherited a fortune. He had a chance to earn the respect of the competitors when his father passed but instead he has chosen to chase the almighty dollar which has ultimately resulted in a consistent decline in the support of the sport, corporate sponsorship & viewership.

Professional sports is a big business, dictatorships have been left in the draft! They can't survive in today's world of transparency & government intervention.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Sounds like SBI's competitors might benefit from the formation of their own RTA (Race Team Alliance) a group that represents the best interests of the competitors, the folks that invest their hard earned $$$ & earn their livings putting on the show.

"For the record all of the successful motorsport franchises have been run by benevolant dictators. " maybe so but I'd say those days are long gone from NASCAR b/c the guy running it now is nothing more than a family name who inherited a fortune. He had a chance to earn the respect of the competitors when his father passed but instead he has chosen to chase the almighty dollar which has ultimately resulted in a consistent decline in the support of the sport, corporate sponsorship & viewership.

Professional sports is a big business, dictatorships have been left in the draft! They can't survive in today's world of transparency & government intervention.

They have in Nascar not in F1 (F1 has much greater revenue than Nascar). But now that drivers and teams can make money. Commerce dictates common sense and a logical approach. In a ego fueled largely hobby sport like offshore common sense is less common. Either way it took a benevolent dictator to get Nascar and F1 to be the commercial success they are. offshore has almost no paid gate so the racer's are the customer and few to none are clamoring for this great new TBA opportunity. We as a group want stability more than anything else and this is a destabilizing offering at best.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.