Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds >

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Notices

Countdown to Key West: Qatar Team Boats Out for SBI Worlds

Old 10-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Bring back the F1 and F2 classes!!! Best offshore racing I've ever seen! HUGE fleets, lots of action, awesome boats and it was the closest offshore racing has ever gotten to becoming a main stream sport. Just like most things in offshore racing...One day it's here, the next day it isn't.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Just curious why would other teams wonder who's next? How many other teams do you know of that have been in the same situation before? Make it sound like there's no reason for his actions, every action has a reaction. Right or wrong not my place to say but SBI made a discussion for his org. and members. You might of seen a boycot if he didnt more likely. You hear alot of opinions on here but really have you seen any teams jumping up and down all upset? No one seems to care what the teams wanted, the teams didnt ask for another org. to try and split the classes again that they worked so far to build. Its finally on the up swing again and hear we go again. Forget the flag .........

Everyone forgets quick how the Superboat class was 2 or 3 boats 3 short yrs ago and now this yr in KW u might see 10 and how did that happen and who did it? When there was 3 boats they *****ed damn this suck now 10 and they r still *****ing.
Lets not forget SS that could possibly have 7 or 8 also.
i understand what you are saying but as a fan i really wanted to see them compete with geico and now that wont happen.maybe the other teams are not jumping up and down all upset publically because they are afraid of being outside with qatar.i was simply stating my opinion and just like you i can still do that on oso.imo,anytime a team the caliber of qatar is not welcome the whole sport suffers.i also believe that offshore racing will continue if jc was out of business.that is all i have to say on this matter.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike I respect ur opion and understand where u r coming from. I dont thikj anyone is happy about it, but it something that we all have to deal with and move on. Like anything in life this to shall pass.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:11 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
The is vending or dispensing of a product for profit. Usually these are practices the promoter approves and realizes revenue from.
Steve
In my recollection it was giving away samples for FREE and not selling for a profit. It was promotion of their sponsor.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Just curious why would other teams wonder who's next? How many other teams do you know of that have been in the same situation before?
As I recall, in 2005 people were kept from competing .....

Old 10-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
In my recollection it was giving away samples for FREE and not selling for a profit. It was promotion of their sponsor.

If a promoter has a series deal with say Mobil 1. the deal may preclude other lubricants getting promoted at a event. This is what the RTA is about in Nascar. This practice is common and it can limit a teams sponsor opportunities.I see a fight brewing over this in Nascar but for now the smart teams are making money.
Steve
Old 10-18-2014, 07:11 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
If a promoter has a series deal with say Mobil 1. the deal may preclude other lubricants getting promoted at a event. This is what the RTA is about in Nascar. This practice is common and it can limit a teams sponsor opportunities.I see a fight brewing over this in Nascar but for now the smart teams are making money.
Steve
I don't believe it was a lubricant that was being offered. I believe it was something else. I just don't recall what the exact product was, but I know it wasn't Oil because it was a new sponsor for them...

Old 10-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont thikj anyone is happy about it, but it something that we all have to deal with and move on.
Everything I've read indicates Curtis was freelancing in this brouhaha, trading on his relationship with the QMSF organization to pursue some pipe dream about setting up a competing offshore org. If true, why not ban him alone from KW and QMSF can put JT in their boat for KW, since Gasse is a DNS?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
As I recall, in 2005 people were kept from competing .....
Not sure but that could be so, with what u have said I guess we have another 10 before we need to worry about it again.

Tim we going to see you in KW?

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 10-18-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

From what I heard yesterday Gasse is back in the hunt, but I'm sure its subject to change lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.