Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need some input for honeymoon planning >

I need some input for honeymoon planning

Notices

I need some input for honeymoon planning

Old 08-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If price is no object I recommend Bora Bora, Moorea or Tahiti. Heck just about any of those south seas islands are nice. Another hot spot is the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. If you're lucky they will have another SI bathing suit issue photo-shoot while you are there.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Registered

Default Re: Truly out of the way!

Originally posted by wannabe
Nevis or St. Kitts

Nevis is where Charles and Di went.

Remember the Caribean does not have as great a temp change in the summer.
Stay away from Grenada, at 12 deg. latitude it's always hot.

Wannabe
I've gotta agree. I was in Grenada in the dead of winter one year and it was like Hades it was so damn hot. Didn't want to leave the air-conditioned hotel bar...
Old 08-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Registered

Not fancy. But for the price Aruba can`t be beat and weather is perfect.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:18 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Pink Sands on Harbour Island in the bahamas. Very Secluded, Very private island, big spot for celebrities . I met Elle McPherson when i was there. A buddy of mine who's family has a house thier had drinks with Lenny Kravitz one year. Jimmy Buffet is a frequent visitor You can actually get a burger from the place he wrote "cheese burger in paradise" about.

Highly recomend the hotel is nice its all private cottages, the resturant is good, teh beach is beautiful pink sand, the hotel grounds are incredible, its a massive tropical garden, the locals are all pretty friendly, and Gusties (local bar) is one of my favorites. FYI if you like diving its pretty damn good too. The world famous current cut is thier. It's pricey but you get what you pay for.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by seanclong
If price is no object I recommend Bora Bora, Moorea or Tahiti. Heck just about any of those south seas islands are nice.
Hotel Bora Bora is hands down the nicest place I have ever stayed by a long shot. From the east coast Its a haul but when else are you ever gonna have the nads to take two weeks off.
The South Pacific is unreal.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:57 PM
Bo Knows

We've been on a lot of cruises to a lot of different islands. One cruise ship we were on stopped at Aruba. We liked it so much we gave up cruises and bought a time share there. Now we just go to Aruba once a year in June. It's great! If you go in July It's better than going in the winter months. In July people are fighting over who is going to rent you a car cheapest, there is no waiting for a table at the restaurants, you have your pick of rooms at the hotels, plenty of seats at the blackjack tables & slot machines, plenty of chairs & umbrellas at the beaches, people are falling over themselves to wait on you. This doesn't happen in the peak season ! Where ever you go, congratulations & enjoy your honeymoon !!

Bo

Old 08-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I can't believe this was not brought up before....

NO HONEYMOON! Spend the money on what is IMPORTANT.

A bigger & faster boat!

Old 08-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

Puder, Rick 32 & Tonto all have great ideas

If you want to party and break her in right....Hedo II

If you want something 1st class & laid back.....Pink Sands on Harbor Island in the Bahamas or Little Palm Island in the Florida Keys.

Good Luck
Old 08-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

This is THE place. One of the top 100 resorts in the world. It's the private island owned by the AMWAY owners. It's in the British Virgin Islands.

You want a private beach... they got it. What they don't have is TVs in the rooms. Been there several times.

Enjoy!!! http://www.peterisland.com/
Old 08-29-2002, 10:08 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

trust me on Pink Sands.

I've done a TON of traveling and it is one of my favorite resort harbor island is very cool.

BUT i also hear that malta is very cool. I "knew " a girl that lives there, well splits her time between Malta and Rome. Let justy say her parents are "well off" and from the pictures i've seen of malta it is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.