Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need some input for honeymoon planning >

I need some input for honeymoon planning

Notices

I need some input for honeymoon planning

Old 08-29-2002, 11:22 AM
sha- mat

Default I need some input for honeymoon planning

Getting married next July and we're trying to decide where to go. Both of us are sun and beach lovers so we would like to go somewhere in, or similar to, the Caribbean Islands. We went to an all inclusive resort in Antigua earlier this year and really enjoyed it but, we need someplace new. We are looking for a 7 night stay at an all inclusive romantic honeymoon style resort. I would like to stay away from the Cancun like crowded resorts. Let me know of places/resorts you have been to, and what you thought of your stay. Thanks

Old 08-29-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sha-Mate - It depends on what you want. If you want something kinda touristy but nice, the Bahams are pretty cool. Personally I like the hands on approach with out all the tourist touch. Aruba is nice and pretty quiet. Jamaica is party party like Cancoon but all joking aside, you can find some nice quiet places in the Key's or St. Augustine also. I took my wife to St. Augustine for our 9th. anniversary. Rented a house on the beach and did the horse and carridge rides with some champane, it went over really well, (still didn't get her ok on a new Cig tho.), but it's all what you want to do. Wardey
Old 08-29-2002, 12:18 PM
sha- mat

Wardey,
No tourist place, it makes you feel crowded, kinda like driving on interstate 95. I would like to get as far away from a touristy place as possible. I have heard Aruba is nice, that is on the list. Thanks......

Old 08-29-2002, 12:32 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

My phkn wife and I honeymooned at the Sandals resort in St. Lucia. We had a suite with out own fenced in mini pool right outside our bedroom...making it easy to slip into the pool after slipping into..well you know. Everyone there was on a honeymoon so it was very festive. July will be HOT down there: we went in October and it was 90+ each day. Other than the heat, it was a fun place with lots to eat, drink, and be merry.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 08-29-2002, 12:47 PM
rick32

**** HEDONISM II **** ... Negril , Jamaica !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick32

Old 08-29-2002, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Truly out of the way!

Nevis or St. Kitts

Nevis is where Charles and Di went.

Remember the Caribean does not have as great a temp change in the summer.
Stay away from Grenada, at 12 deg. latitude it's always hot.

Wannabe
Old 08-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you like 5 Star try The Sandy Lane hotel Barbados
Old 08-29-2002, 01:25 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

The wife and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon.
Great time!! For sure going back. Did the all inclusive gig and was worth it. We like our cocktails. Lots of honeymooners there. For our anniversary this year we are going to the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana. Reasonably priced with new resorts. Can't wait. Going in October. Good luck with your decision.

Paul
Old 08-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Little Palm Island in the Fl. Keys. Totally secluded, the only way onto the island is by but and they are very strict about loud noise. You can take your own boat and explore the keys
Robert
Old 08-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Registered

Lizard Island located on the Great Barrier Reef off the northeast coast of Australia. http://www.lizardisland-australia.com/

Plan a 2 week holiday, 1 week on the mainland visiting Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, then stay on Lizard for a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.