Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Team Steve Quick Jeweler calls it quits after a 14 year run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/319351-team-steve-quick-jeweler-calls-quits-after-14-year-run.html)

stevequick 10-21-2014 12:58 PM

Team Steve Quick Jeweler calls it quits after a 14 year run

More is not always better, it is always more. It sounded like a good idea. More stores, more people and more income. All of which has come to pass. The downside is more headaches, stress and less time off. So after 14 great years I have to turn all of my my attention to business for a while.
It has been an honor to be part of one of the most innovative ventures in Offshore. Those who actually know such things are aware of the advances in our class that can be traced to Lee Austin's ingenuity. The new boat is a monster. In the few races we have attended lately we are always one of the first to the pin. A couple set's of props and some seat time will put it squarely into the mix. Somebody would be very lucky to jump into it.
As for me I wish I could say I am done racing boats. Not yet. Already I am thinking some very expensive thoughts. I suspect by the time our (class) motor questions are worked out I will begin to plan in earnest.
If anyone is interested here is the deal about Offshore. Few things are more difficult, expensive and frustrating, but when it's good absolutely nothing is better. If someone tells you anything different they have never done it or they are no longer in a position to do it.
If you can, you should and let me know if I was wrong.

SQ

bulletbob 10-21-2014 01:20 PM

Steve, you, Lee, Gary and Ryan have been my heros' in the offshore world since I first saw the cat that you and Lee were fielding. I hope to root for "you" and Lee in the future.

Xtremeracing 10-21-2014 02:22 PM

Steve you, and Lee had a great run no question. Win or not you guys were always the class of the field, and will be missed. Good luck in what ever direction u decide to go. Only thing is at your age you have to do something QUICK LOL?

AB From Windsor 10-21-2014 03:02 PM

Steve!

I'm sorry to read that you are calling it quits for now but you have enriched the sport. I don't know you personally but I have read about you in everything that is Offshore in this demanding sport which requires money and a lot of your time. Have a well deserved rest and I think I will be reading about you again but if not thanks for everything.

sonicss42 10-21-2014 03:30 PM

I don't know you but want to thank you for being part or the KW Worlds for many years. Have enjoyed your participation not matter what the outcomes were. Best wishes for your future ventures.

Cash Bar 10-21-2014 03:38 PM

Mr. Quick, it is a pleasure to know you and an honor to have raced against you. The sport will be a bit less of a family without you in the OB pits.

Good luck getting the next plans in place. I will be at the front of the line to welcome you back.

Greg

TeamSaris 10-21-2014 03:40 PM

Sad to see you go, hope you come back to it someday!

PARADOX 10-21-2014 03:55 PM

All the best to you Steve in your endeavors. Hope some of it will be in the Offshore racing circuit, one way or another.

P

lightspeed 10-21-2014 05:56 PM

is lee running Key West???

fastdonzi 10-21-2014 08:25 PM

I Always told anyone that would listen, that Offshore Racing was the "One Hour Ride of a Lifetime" (Well now it's the 30Min ride :) ) Anyway, Steve Quick, I always thought you and your boats Kicked Azz, Im glad youre not throwing in the towel, But waiting for the next Bell. theres something about riding in a boat, in a race, that cant be duplicated. I remember racing in Ft Meyers when tropical storm Allison was in town, it was friggin rough, the next day on the ride back to Virginia none of us could get out of the truck to put gas in it we were so sore, couldn't wait for the next race to do it again :) Youll be Back :)