Saris Racing Team season review >

Saris Racing Team season review

Notices

Saris Racing Team season review

Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Great shot Sharkey

and congrats to Team Saris.you guys always have some nice air shots.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just asking - you are running stock Bravo XR's the whole season without any tear downs / replacing / fixing anything in the drive and this is going to be your first tear down for the season ?

Have no idea how you are able to make them last especially the way U guys run the heck out of your boat and all the test driving in between during the whole year. So what is working for you compared to everyone else. I can not believe you do not have any gear pitting or at the least any metal particles showing up during your gear oil changes. I am sure you are doing gear oil changes after every race at the bare min.. What gear oil are you using just for an FYI ? thanks for your time and replies.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Just asking - you are running stock Bravo XR's the whole season without any tear downs / replacing / fixing anything in the drive and this is going to be your first tear down for the season ?

Have no idea how you are able to make them last especially the way U guys run the heck out of your boat and all the test driving in between during the whole year. So what is working for you compared to everyone else. I can not believe you do not have any gear pitting or at the least any metal particles showing up during your gear oil changes. I am sure you are doing gear oil changes after every race at the bare min.. What gear oil are you using just for an FYI ? thanks for your time and replies.
1 dam good throttle man eh ???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-25-2014, 01:47 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I hear you but that still does not stop weak internal gears from breakign. You know if they were a last place team then we could say they are too slow to break anything. Oh just messin with Elvis.

Last edited by BUP; 10-25-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:37 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If nobody minds me sticking my beak in, a little perspective is needed here. If I'm not mistaken, that boat has run 4 races this year. Run to full length that would be 45mins per. They only race it and test. 4 hours is not that much time. And on top of that they use the Drive guardians, which can only help the matter. Jason is a very diligent and thorough guy. I'm sure he values changing the oils all the time as it tells the tale usually before the tale is finished being told. Coming from my own experience, I doubt after only 4 hrs on the pinions and maybe another 4-5hrs on the other gears from last year, you will see much. We have 30hrs and 12 races on the lowers and had a used rebuilt upper case break at 10hrs and 5 races, just a little perspective. Brian
Old 10-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
1 dam good throttle man eh ???
Makes the engine and drive builder look good also..
Old 10-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

Bone stock Bravo XR's, Imco -2 lowers.
We use the new merc synthetic race gear lube, change the oil every race, switch the drives from port to stb every year and pull them apart at the end of the year for inspection. Last year we had to replace the pinion gears. They weren't shot, but they were just starting to pit.
This year we were running MDC Drive Guardians. This week we will pull the drives apart and compare to what we saw last year. I'm very confident our pinions from this season look better than last years. And we certainly didnt run any easier
Old 10-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
If nobody minds me sticking my beak in, a little perspective is needed here. If I'm not mistaken, that boat has run 4 races this year. Run to full length that would be 45mins per. They only race it and test. 4 hours is not that much time. And on top of that they use the Drive guardians, which can only help the matter. Jason is a very diligent and thorough guy. I'm sure he values changing the oils all the time as it tells the tale usually before the tale is finished being told. Coming from my own experience, I doubt after only 4 hrs on the pinions and maybe another 4-5hrs on the other gears from last year, you will see much. We have 30hrs and 12 races on the lowers and had a used rebuilt upper case break at 10hrs and 5 races, just a little perspective. Brian
A little more perspective here. I've seen Bravo XR drives blow up after less than 3 hours behind a 600 HP motor on a 29' recreational use high performance boat - twice. The big difference? The idiot (in this case) behind the sticks. I'd say that with Jason behind the sticks and the Drive Guardians in front of the drives, they get the very best treatment one could ever hope for in a true "extreme duty cycle." Most Bravo drives could only hope for a life like this. Still a great testament to good throttle work and clever equipment.

Tom
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

BWD runs just as hard as us, but takes very good care of his equipment...he's got a clue