Notices

MIAMI VICE on tnn!!

Old 12-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHECK THIS OUT

Last edited by stinger312; 08-11-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

AND ANOTHER !!

Last edited by stinger312; 08-11-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Registered

Default Re: MIAMI VICE on tnn!!

Originally Posted by Uncle Toys
Kewl thread guys, thanks!

Where are you these days???
Old 09-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

For reference.......
Old 09-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Nort, having read over this whole thread, I have come to the conclusion that you have WAY too much MV info floating around in your head!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Registered

Ange

I'm just an info gatherer.....I really don't know anything!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Just remember that YOU said that, not me! You know Photoshop, that's enough for me to keep MY pics hidden and to stay on your good side!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys!! In fact I know the owner of the original Miami Vice 38 Scarab!! It is located in Oslo, the capital of Norway which is a small country in Europe. The former owner of this boat bought it on an auction somewhere in the States. For some years it was kept stored inside until the present owner bought it an had it restored to 100% original Miami Vice look and condition. I spoke with this guy a couple of times on the marina this summer. He loves the boat and sometimes he use the cabin to stay over the night in the marina because he like the boat so much and the life on this great marina toghether with all other boaters. I think it has TRS drives and it has old style mufflers outside the transom with silent choise on them. The paint on this boat is just great. Dark blue high and low on the hullsides and a middel area which is a fade from pink to blue to turquise if I am right. It is a real classic! I told him to put on some "Miami Vice" stickers on it.

I can post a picture of it soon

Just insane to see that old boat that I've seen so many times on the TV just laying in bay on the other side of the atlantic ocean. He also has a spare motor and drive. Nice to have when you love your boat so much. He said: "I think it is better to fix things if they brake, rather than not explore the waves in high speeds" Well the boat must be solid because it has not delaminated yet. And he is driving hard. A real quality boat.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered

I stopped wearing socks after the first season of Miami Vice
Old 12-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scarab 38KV MV edition (Was Re: MIAMI VICE on tnn!!)

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Hi guys!! In fact I know the owner of the original Miami Vice 38 Scarab!! It is located in Oslo, the capital of Norway which is a small country in Europe. The former owner of this boat bought it on an auction somewhere in the States. For some years it was kept stored inside until the present owner bought it an had it restored to 100% original Miami Vice look and condition. I spoke with this guy a couple of times on the marina this summer. He loves the boat and sometimes he use the cabin to stay over the night in the marina because he like the boat so much and the life on this great marina toghether with all other boaters. I think it has TRS drives and it has old style mufflers outside the transom with silent choise on them. The paint on this boat is just great. Dark blue high and low on the hullsides and a middel area which is a fade from pink to blue to turquise if I am right. It is a real classic! I told him to put on some "Miami Vice" stickers on it.

I can post a picture of it soon

Just insane to see that old boat that I've seen so many times on the TV just laying in bay on the other side of the atlantic ocean. He also has a spare motor and drive. Nice to have when you love your boat so much. He said: "I think it is better to fix things if they brake, rather than not explore the waves in high speeds" Well the boat must be solid because it has not delaminated yet. And he is driving hard. A real quality boat.
And Itīs for sale for 62th $ ...
Well how cool that Even Norway has one of the Tv series boats...or then not..
Here :
http://www.miamivice.no

So the boats that actually was in the show are almost all in Europe today you say?
One in Germany for sale for around 80K $, way overpriced with original engines..or what do you guys think, its an 1989 model ?

One in Finland that is an 1988 model and referred to as the stunt boat and told to weigh about 2000 lbs. more than a regular-but build date on hull is 87.
Was told to been in use in 4th season then sold and Imported to Finland 1989 and used as a PR toy for Ericsson Mobile phones and also used in Helsinki-Tallin and Stockholm-Helsinki Offshore races but didnīt fare well.
Ski Jumper Matti Nykanen (9 olympic medals, nowadays serves time in jail..) rented it in a lake in his hometown once...it has been stolen once at least etc...

These two have the silver arch with a black fairing sides and white Scarab fonts on the sides plus the 1988 model had a turquoise/pink/blue interior and that I havenīt seen in any episodes as the white/turquoise/blue is only on close-ups.
The Norwegian has white/pink/turquoise....
Are these interiors only model year differences for MV edition ?
The ī85 is the one that has same type of interior as the ī89 (german)
The ī86 must then be the Norwegian?
The ī87 goes back to 85 style ?-> http://www.lake-minnetonka.net/scarab.htm
The ī88 is the same as the German outside but interior is Turguise instead of white and blue/pink in that order
1989 has a different Cabin layout ( see below):

Pre ī89:

Also one thing comes to mind... you could order a 38KV with the paint scheme that was in the series and had the white/turquise/blue interior 1985-88 and 89 the cabin changed.
I know that you could get a Scarab3 with same/similar paint scheme...thereīs one for sale here.
And if this is true then Wellcraft made a Miami vice edition package that included those interior changes plus a brass plate on the dash.
*That would clear things up for the German boat...that itīs a regular ī89 38KV used in the series

Also Wellcraft doesnīt recognice a 38KV until 1986 on their site anymore...

This one in Finland didnīt go any better than 52 knots with the 425īs that were in it.
Today it has diesels and barely gets on plane.....used to have 502īs but the owner went bankrupt stripped and lost it twice to the IRS....(he bought it for himself from the company he went bankrupt with and the IRS soon pulled it from him Again...what a businessman )
All these boats share even the on in Norway the brass plate stating : "Built for Don Johnson by Wellcraft"
The one in Finland has even it written with crayon/marker inside the laminate under the glass coatin in the hull.

But few things distract me.
The one in Norway has a padded engine hatch which was an option but not seen on any shows.

Might be that only two boats were used for "close ups" or whole boat pics.
The one in Germany and a pre 87 model tha sees a lot of screen time...but in which 89 season do you see the boat ???

*As I know the serial number on two of these 38KV MV editions here I would like to know what Hull Number MSInxs boat has ?

So MsINXS plese? tell me some part of it or email me private?

PS all pics and info of your 38KVīs desired...also If it has a Kevlar layup is it mentioned in the hull or serial No...to me Larry Smith is the #1 designer and alive.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-13-2004 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: MIAMI VICE on tnn!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.