2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW" >

2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"

Notices

2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"

Old 08-25-2002, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"

Well,It has come and past.We had yet another great year here. And we have another record broken.Having 149 boats here this year and to my knowledge very little problems. I just want to thank everyone for coming and hope you had a great time here and I really want to thank all the drivers that co-operated with me at Rockport as I drove up to them on my Sea-doo and got them there cards.I thought that went well.It was crazy but alot of fun. Tomcat,Thanks for the shirt Tom you and your guys are great and congrats on the 3rd place finish.I want to thank Bob and the Donzi ZR and anyone else I was talking to.I had another great year.Oh and who can forget MyWay doing 2 very nice fly by's on Sunday at 170mph and 165mph.Totally awesome.Thanks Bill. Oh one more thing Tony or Mike if your on here love to hear from you seeing how I didn't get much chance to see you guys .Hope you had a safe ride,you both looked awesome when you came into Rockport. Well I'll let you all go and can't wait to hear from you and your remarks on the weekend.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:13 PM
bn
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Poker Run was AWESOME! We were spectators this year, but the wife says we are definitely doing it next year.

I have a ton of pictures from the run that I will be putting on my website hopefully soon. I have pictures of a lot of the boats. If you were in the run and would like me to see if I have a pic of your boat, email me and I can send it to you before I get them on my site. Here is one for starters ... (It's My Way II if you can't read it)
Attached Thumbnails 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"-myway2.jpg  

Last edited by bn; 08-25-2002 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's some, and JAY what time and were the fly by's I missed that, I know they were asked to keep the top speeds down.
Attached Thumbnails 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"-pic00006.jpg  

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 08-25-2002 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

more
Attached Thumbnails 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"-pic00009.jpg  
Old 08-25-2002, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

and
Attached Thumbnails 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"-pic00016.jpg  
Old 08-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Poker run

I just got back, I had a great time. Although I was a spectator due to boat problems. I rented a jonboat and had the family with me. Gananoque friday and A-bay on saturday for the run was awesome. Got some cool pictures of the the first couple of waves of boats pullin outta A-bay from inside Boldt Castle while the wife was makin like a tourist. Also got some nice shots at Gananoque also. My favorite boats were My Way and Tom Cat. Watchin them in action was wild as was watchin all the other bad boy rides. All the boats looked great and I was missin mine, but me and the family still managed to have an excellent time, hope everybody else did to.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Registered

One had a jet fighter painted on it the other was a jet powered fighter(MY WAY II).
Old 08-25-2002, 09:00 PM
Registered

Hey there TOPDJ. I think it was around 12:30 or so when they went out for the runs on Sunday.They were to keep them under 90mph. But I believe MyWay talk to the organizers and said if all was clear he could open it up. Either way things went well and everyone is back and safe. It was a great weekend all around.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:20 PM
ronrally

Default Can't beat the cats!

Wow! What a show today. I'm so glad that I came up to see the parade of money, I mean the parade of power. I've been hounding everybody for information on the MyWay, but today I finally got my fill. I was on the dock shortly after Bill landed and in fact, as Jay has already mensioned, they did 170 mph, not 139 mph. I saw the GPS reading with my own eyes. I had a brief chat with one of the crew. Seems like there may still be some secrets, but I did dig up a bit of information. The drivetrain is the same as the original MyWay. Apparently this system is the brainchild of Tomlinson and another fellow named Ross Fadorky. A new company, Minds in Motion, designed and built those sweet, sweet air intakes, the exhaust system and the power recovery (water injection) system. Finally got to meet a couple of the guys that put this thing together. Excellent job guys.

I didn't get up to see the event on Saturday. I've been waiting months now to know... Tomcat vs. MyWay. Did they get side by side? Anybody have any info?

Later.
Ron

Old 08-26-2002, 06:55 AM
ronrally

Default AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jeff from Canada.

Did anybody give Uncle Bill a scare?

Ron

Quick Reply: 2002 1000 Islands Poker Run "WOW"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.